Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Longest trip ever: Nodkapp (Norway) from Spain

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Jugama 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, all!
It's been a while since I sold my Volusia and went to a bigger tourer. I still often read the VR but I don't post very much. I don't post anywhere else. But the BIG trip is an exception.
11661 km in 26 days and seven counties. Lots and lots of pictures, hours of clips on the on board camera... I¡ll post some of the pictures here, and you can follow the link for more, with text and maps.

Nordkapp from SouthEast Spain. The trip of One’s life.

Nordkapp o Cape North is the northernmost point in Europe that can be accessed by road. If you know Alaska, Nordkapp and Barrow, in the North share the same latitude: 71º N.
The most exciting has been maybe the nidnight sun, in fact the 24-hour-a-day sun. But the scenery, for us coming from a hot and dry climate has been breathtaking every minute of the day. My wife prefers Fjord, but I couldn't tell... Waterfalls and mountains roads are exciting, too. Trollstigen is a blast!

So here come some pics.
The way to go Ten days.

Besalú, Spain

Pérouges, France

Lünegurg, Germany
[/url]

Sorø, Denmark
[/url]

A 1941 Nimbus

Lonköping, Sweden

Hudiksvall, Sweden

Piteå, Sweden

Crossing the Artic Circle

At the hotel in Henontekiö, Finland

5200 km from home...

Nordkapp about midnight temperature: 24 centigarde. The average for July is 7 to 10 centigrade.

Bed and breakfast at Sorkjøsen. Norway all the way South now

A view from our room at Bogen

Reine, in the Lofoten

Trondheim

The Artic Circle again, going South now.

Vinnufossen, the highest in Norway, over 800 m.

TO BE CONTINUED... (More pics to be posted as soon as possible)

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow ! What a trip.
My husband & I hope to come explore your area of Spain in the next couple of years. Although it won't be by bike :(
Keep safe !

#8 · (Edited)
Pics, pics, pics... (Part II)

Manfarlsfossen. 655m high.

Storseisundet Bridge, part of the Atlantic Ocean Road.

Fishing in the fjord.

Taken from the pillion while riding.

Bolsøyrua

One of the best pictures...

Trollstigen

What you look like when you manage to get to the top of Trollstigen...

Going out for dinner...

Storfjorden. Geiranger at the end.

The seven sisters.

Cruising the Fjord

Last view over Geiranger and Storfjorden

Only issue. Flat tyre near Neumünster. Germany

Waiting to be towed... When I tried to reach the towing platform, I almost drop the bike coming up the edge of the road with only the rim. One side came up, the other was down, no air in between, the bike falls to right, and it's heavyyyy!!! No pics for this.

And well, these are some of the pictures taken in this trip. I turned 61 in march. I don't think I'm going to do such a long trip again, but it was worth the effort. Maria and I enjoyed every place we have seen, and we soon forgot he traffic jams in Germany and the heat on the road. We are thinking of where the next long trip will lead us...
I'm thinking of Scotland, Northern Islands and Hebrids, and Southward through Ireland... Maybe.
Center Europe is another trip still to be done...
Wait, think and see...

PS.: I'll have to update my Europe map of countries where I went riding... (done)

#11 ·
Jugama, the destinations and pictures are always spectacular......Thank You for taking the time to post!

#12 ·
J, thank you for teasing us here in Amerika of the beautiful pictures and sharing your miles of memories...Simply beautiful....What's next???Australia or New Zealand???

#13 · (Edited)
I'd like to ride in North America, too, but I'm afraid my bank acount could't afford such a trip in another continent.
Any wealthy sponsor in the room?:roll:

From my last paragraph:
I'm thinking of Scotland, Northern Islands and Hebrids, and Southward through Ireland... Maybe.
Central Europe is another trip still to be done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.