Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,841 Posts
I would happily take that bet. ICE vehicles may go away for a lot of uses, but they'll still be being sold long after I'm gone in certain applications.

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
Many of us enjoyed the two "Long Way" series with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. They're starting to work on a third, Long Way Up, from the southern tip of Argentina to somewhere at the top of North America.

There was a lot of speculation about what brand of bikes they'd be using. Now it looks like they're going to be on....LiveWires?

https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/blogs/loneriderblog/ewan-mcgregor-and-charley-boormans-long-way-up-will-be-on-electric-motorcycles?fbclid=IwAR1FfAkfPuUmFXk8o8Hp07w6cCjzZ1CP_ugKlqV0itnSycEa8sl9xUCmRVU

It just keeps getting sillier. Long way round was great. It was really great and it was a really chippy piece of motorcycling. They really did it the hard way.

Long way down should have been called “it turned out to be really easy, Ewan McGregor can’t ride his way out of a brown paper bag, we get new shocks, and complain in hotels....”

Now it’s “Harley Davidson presents Charley and Ewan riding the most convenient route possible and eat in good restaurants. “

Good lord... they need to give Bryon, Jim, Ron and I some KTMs and we’ll ride from dead horse to Argentina in 8 weeks. We can eat Ron during week 5...

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
It just keeps getting sillier. Long way round was great. It was really great and it was a really chippy piece of motorcycling. They really did it the hard way.

Long way down should have been called “it turned out to be really easy, Ewan McGregor can’t ride his way out of a brown paper bag, we get new shocks, and complain in hotels....”

Now it’s “Harley Davidson presents Charley and Ewan riding the most convenient route possible and eat in good restaurants. “

Good lord... they need to give Bryon, Jim, Ron and I some KTMs and we’ll ride from dead horse to Argentina in 8 weeks. We can eat Ron during week 5...

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.
Over my dead body ;-)
Ok, you have a point, but I laud the effort for attempting to move the ball forward. I follow a group of endurance-ish Zero motorcycle riders down in New Zealand and sometimes their effort to find juice on the road while traveling is comical. Things like sleeping 18 hours by a low current outlet in the middle of nowhere waiting for the bike to get enough charge to move on...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts