Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get the Fox Reality Channel? This looks like it will be a lot of fun. Coming August 2, 2008.

"When best mates Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman set off for a 15,000 mile motorcycle journey from Scotland to South Africa, they’ll travel through several countries including Egypt, Tanzania, and Namibia."

http://www.foxreality.com/show.php?storyid=61248

I've had the Long Way Round DVD's for awhile and never get tired of watching them.

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
I bought the DVD from their website, but it arrived damaged and mostly unplayable.

It took 3½ weeks to recieve the DVD, and has been 2½ weeks since I returned it for a new one.

What I did see was okay...not as good as the Long Way Round series.

1- The chase crew is pretty much with the riders the whole time now, instead of hanging 2-3 days behind.

2- I didn't get to see it, but I read that Ewan's wife (who learns to ride a motorcycle just before the guys leave) joins them at some point near the end.

3- There is a lot less "camping in the boonies and riding in the boonies" on the "Down" series, which I really enjoyed on the first.

Ed

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
I'll concur: Long way round was an excellent and reasonably unfiltered view, this was a much more polished "reality" program. Its still cool, though. They've been around Now they just have South America and Australia to ride north to south and they'll be close to Jim Rogers and his socialite girlfriend, who were the first to conquer the England to Vladivostok run and back. On non dual purpose airheads, no less.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Cool! I'll watch for it. I loved Long Way Round. Some of the road conditions were AWFUL...where there WERE roads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice video :lol:

I have both DVDs too, and have to admit that I was disappointed with Long Way Down - lucky I watched Long Way Round first :roll:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
welcome new member

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
OZChris said:
Nice video :lol:

I have both DVDs too, and have to admit that I was disappointed with Long Way Down - lucky I watched Long Way Round first :roll:
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
I BOUGHT LONG WAY AROUND
I'LL BUY THIS ONE TOO

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Boxwrench said: