Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I turned my bags into lockable bags.
I snapped of the turn latch.
So that left me with just the solid piece that's riveted to the bag.
I drilled straight throw that part.
Then I used and eye loop.
I put it throw the hole and used a washer and nut on the inside.
Then bought a small lock.
It's not super secure but it's better then nothing.

I'm pretty sure the do sell a kit that is a lot stronger the you fit inside.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
was thinking of drilling a hole thru the turn latch thats just big enough for a small luggage lock....may try your way if that fails...a locked bag is better than unlocked...most thieves would go on to the next bike rather than take the extra time to get into yours

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
That looks awesome, another project on my honey do list.

·
Registered
48 Posts
After extensive searching and not finding anything but expensive lock kits with all kinds of drilling...I just bought small luggage locks and drilled a small hole today in the pivot/swivel tab ..held it with a pair of vice grips while i drilled..took like 90 seconds or so to get all the way thru............ better than nothing..worked out great..luggage locks were like $15 from amazon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
After extensive searching and not finding anything but expensive lock kits with all kinds of drilling...I just bought small luggage locks and drilled a small hole today in the pivot/swivel tab ..held it with a pair of vice grips while i drilled..took like 90 seconds or so to get all the way thru............ better than nothing..worked out great..luggage locks were like $15 from amazon.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hey Friend,
What size bit did you use?
Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered a set from the stealer today. 61$ not too bad will let you guys know once I've installed them with pics. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
48 Posts
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hey Friend,
What size bit did you use?
Thanks for the pictures!
Im guessing it was an 1/8" originally then I redrilled a bit bigger 5/32- 3/16? Because it was a tad tight.. Guess it depends on diameter of ur luggage lock. I figured was better to start smaller then upsize if needed rather than make too large a hole..just centered on tab best I could on intial hole

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well they are on. It took about an hour to do and look and work perfect would highly recommend. If I knew how to upload pic I would

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed the HD universal lock kit. Install was pretty straight forward. Good clear instructions although I used a smaller drill bit for the screw holes than in the instructions and added loctite to all the threads. I think it looks good. Thanks for the recommendation. PM me if you want a scan of the instructions before deciding if this is something you want to do.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts