Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little Help?

I finaly BROKE in my new (2007)C50, by laying it on its side. Luckily it was very low speed and did little to no damage. Less than $100.00. Donated a turn signal and clutch lever to the lay over gods. Anyway. I started to pull the front left turn signal off and I cant figure it out. The wires or permenatley fixed to the bulb. Do I need to take the whole assembly off by disconnecting the wires from the bike side. I only had a few minuters to look at it last night and spent most of the looking for other damage. Any help would be great.

Thanks

EGG

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Oh boy, I kicked mine or whapped it up against a fence and broke it but its been years... I think, if you look under the fender, thet there is aplug and it unplugs. Yes, the whole assembly comes in one piece. It was less than $50

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Glad you're okay.

WELCOME to the VR site, new member.

Pete

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt in the process. May I suggest some highway bars to protect it in the next drop...?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Sorry to hear that the bike bit the dust but glad the damage was minor. Might I suggest some highway bars to avoid potential damge in the future? They will easily pay for themselves and limit some hassle. They are also great for wrapping with foam pipe insulation to keep the scratches off when practicing slow turns etc. in a parking lot. However, don't ride around town with them on you'll look like a dork! :lol:

Welcome to the VR from North East Florida.

Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little Help

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Luckily mama was with me when I did it and to make sure it doesn't happen again, the highway bars are in! To make me feel better she approved some Vance and Hines straight shots! I told her if thats what it take to get custom parts, I can go and push it over again! (just kidding!!)

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Re: Little Help

EGG153 said:
make me feel better she approved some Vance and Hines straight shots! I told her if thats what it take to get custom parts, I can go and push it over again! (just kidding!!)
I can see you will fit right in here!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
highway bars won't protect OEM tail lights. I have a cobra and thier big and didn't help.

Trust me I know :oops:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Me been lucky so far,
I haven't dumped yet, almost ... but not quite.
Just waiting for it to happen :?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The turn signal wires end in the headlight bucket. They unplug then you fish the wires out and take the nut loose THEN the light comes off.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Oh sorry, FRONT headlight. My bad.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome from western Pa and sorry about the misfortune. Hope everything gets sorted out!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts