Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always wondered if its possible to wire a litebar so that the lights also work as directional.

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Anything is possible.

It would require relays for each of the lightbar lamps that would disconnect running late power when the signal light for each side was activated and another relay to connect the running lamp to the signal light circuit for each side.
Another possibility would be developing a light bar module that would do the same job similar to the brake light module
One obstacle to overcome would be finding a signal light flasher that would be able to carry the current draw of the running light bulb and maintain a reasonable flash rate when used as a signal light.

Another possibility would be developing a light bar module similar to the tail light and brake light modules that are available that would do the same job.

·
Super Moderator
8,795 Posts
My approach was different, because it's hard to fit an auxiliary light bar on my weirdo Honda.

So instead, I obtained aftermarket clear lenses that fit my turn signals, and swapped my conventional turn signal bulbs for 'Type A 1157 Switchback' LED bulbs. They blare white light until I invoke the turn signal, at which point they stop blaring white light and blink amber light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts