Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is what I am getting to put on the Vol when I finally get all the parts here:

Cobra Light Bar

Barons Nostalgia Handlebars

Kuryakyn Wide Style Levers

Emgo Billet Mirrors (tall stem)

Show Chrome Domed Fork Covers (to even out my Chrome Triple Tree Cover)

and new grips, but that's where I am looking for thoughts. At first I was just going to get the Kuryakyn ISO Grips but a LOT of people have those. Then I found these Restyling Aluminum Grips and think they look pretty awesome. Just wondering if anyone has used em/seen em before? The word ALUMINUM worries me a bit.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Those grips look hot, especially after the sun has shined down on them for a while. :lol: They do look good, but I'd worry about them getting to hot to hold.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
harryp said:
Those grips look hot, especially after the sun has shined down on them for a while. :lol: They do look good, but I'd worry about them getting to hot to hold.
I'm not to worried bout that cause I always ride with gloves. Required to, military. Been reading about billet aluminum and it actually seems to be a pretty good thing.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Common guys! Just waiting for word on the aluminum! I don't know what grips are normally made of, is BILLET ALUMINUM good or bad????

Just waiting for some input to pay for these bad boys!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
billet aluminum is what the best chromed parts are made of - less vibration issues than cast aluminum, and excellent strength to weight ratio. the only thing that would worry me with grips is if they were plastic - then they're not worth that kind of money.

billet just means they were machined from a solid block of aluminum, like they do with the super expensive rims..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Those grips look real good. There was a magazine article where they talked about the Cory Ness grips on a Victory. When it was raining, and since it had no rubber grippies, it was very slippery.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
you want grips???

check these out

Those are actually these: (sink drain pipe extensions)
and can be bought at any 'home' store. they slip right over the stock rubber OEM grip and just use hair spray to hold them in place. they even have a rolled 'lip' . the lettering (optional) is just purchased peel & stick rub-on appliques from a craft store.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input! Now I know a bit more!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wehrd1 said:
you want grips???

check these out

Those are actually these: (sink drain pipe extensions)
and can be bought at any 'home' store. they slip right over the stock rubber OEM grip and just use hair spray to hold them in place. they even have a rolled 'lip' . the lettering (optional) is just purchased peel & stick rub-on appliques from a craft store.
those look really nice! very clever and well done!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grips

I like the look of your grip choice, and you should be very pleased, I have the Kurk ISOs and they are nice, but I like the clean look of the Solid Ones. You said military, where are you stationed? Service?

I am on that National Guard now in Kentucky, was Stationed at FT Stewart, Gordon, Knox....

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
those aren't my grips. just threw it out there. saw them on the MIG board a couple years ago on that guys' LC 1500. thought it was a clever personal touch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts