Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 c50 all original.
Intermittent issue.
Turn the key on and I get lights and the fuel pump does it’s thing but sometimes when I hit the starter button nothing happens. No sounds no clicking no turn over nothing. Sometimes when I turn the key off and back on it fires up sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I’ll cycle it in and out of gear and it will start up. Usually does this just long enough for me to thing about calling for a tow then fires up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
First thing which comes to mind is your kill switch...may have some corrosion inside it...If you can take it apart, squirt some electronic cleaner in it....Another may be the side stand switch may need cleaned (or disconnected/reconnected). I would also spray some cleaner inside the key switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing which comes to mind is your kill switch...may have some corrosion inside it...If you can take it apart, squirt some electronic cleaner in it....Another may be the side stand switch may need cleaned (or disconnected/reconnected). I would also spray some cleaner inside the key switch.
Roger that. I’ll do that first thing when I get home and report on the outcome.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What does your LCD show when it won't turn over?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2008 c50 all original.
Intermittent issue.
Turn the key on and I get lights and the fuel pump does it’s thing but sometimes when I hit the starter button nothing happens. No sounds no clicking no turn over nothing. Sometimes when I turn the key off and back on it fires up sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I’ll cycle it in and out of gear and it will start up. Usually does this just long enough for me to thing about calling for a tow then fires up.
Problem solved. Took apart, cleaned and lubricated all contacts in the kill switch assembly. Still had the same issue. Cleaned and lubricated the stand switch....same issue. Took apart the clutch switch cleaned and lubricated the contacts. So here is the end result before I got to the clutch switch I very carefully went step by step starting the bike and realized that the issue was solved by squeezing the hell outta the clutch. Took it apart as mentioned above and now it’s an easy squeeze and it starts up. Thank you for the help. Next up will be to figure out the misfire and high idle that happens but that’s another day.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I love the feeling of satisfaction that comes from successfully troubleshooting and solving a problem. Doubly so when it involves the help of awesome people like on VR.

Reactions: Ch46-E
1 - 9 of 9 Posts