Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Searched everywhere I could on this forum for a specific light bar. Couldn't find what i was looking for.
Can anybody tell me what you have? Specific make, models, and where you bought it would be awesome. Don't want to buy something that might work and then have to deal with returning and whatnot.
Any and all help is appreciated 馃榿

Registered

Registered
DO NOT plug your light bar into the "accessory" plug in the headlight bucket, UNLESS you want to deal with melted wires and potential electrical fires.

A light bar, no matter WHAT you choose will draw too much current and will overload the circuit and cause the wires and connectors to melt. If you have to use a light bar, wire in a relay that gets its power straight from the battery.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
What year bike you have?

OEM Suzuki Light bar for C50 is part number: 990a0-72005
They are pricey: $300-$400
I see that Suzuki website advertises light bars to be compatible for 2005-2018 years. There are some NOS of eBay for 2001 models, presumable same thing.

eBay has plenty of them. I'm sure you can find a https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=990a0-72005
Here is one from Suzuki: https://store.suzukicycles.com/p/chrome-lightbar
Sorry I didn't say in the post but I have a 2002

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
DO NOT plug your light bar into the "accessory" plug in the headlight bucket, UNLESS you want to deal with melted wires and potential electrical fires.

A light bar, no matter WHAT you choose will draw too much current and will overload the circuit and cause the wires and connectors to melt. If you have to use a light bar, wire in a relay that gets its power straight from the battery.
Thanks for the warning!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!!!! 馃榿
Manufacturer part number: 990A0-72005
Looks like Ebay is the least expensive place to get it. 馃憤

Registered
Those lights pull A LOT of current. They also are not very vibration resistant and tend to fail after several months. They are also sealed beam lights, meaning you have to replace the ENTIRE lamp when it burns out.

Registered
Don't have experience with OEM light bar, but isn't it possible to swap-out the "bulb" with an LED, PAR36? I've see some sealed beam available, but the price range is very wide, from $15-$125.

Registered
People with the OEM light bar usually go with the Tractor Supply 4411 sealed beam lamp as a replacement.

Registered
i have a 09 C50 that i put a light bar on with led lights plus the halo...i got the bar and the lights off ebay...the bar is heavy duty chrome metal and the driving lights are chromed plastic with visors...i wired the driving leds to my led headlight circuit and have had no problems...my front turn signals are also led and they connect to the bottom of the new light bar...it really looks nice...i spent less than $50 for the setup(driving lights and mounting bar)

Super Moderator
got some 4411 lamps in the garage I no longer use...pay for the shipping and they are yours...

anyone else perhaps interested send me a private message and I'll get you a shipping quote.

Registered
If inadequate light from your headlight is the issue (and why else consider an ugly light bar) Easternbeaver,com carries a relay kit to wire your headlamp directly to your battery (via the other terminals, not necessary on the battery). A lot cheaper.

Registered
i have a 09 C50 that i put a light bar on with led lights plus the halo...i got the bar and the lights off ebay...the bar is heavy duty chrome metal and the driving lights are chromed plastic with visors...i wired the driving leds to my led headlight circuit and have had no problems...my front turn signals are also led and they connect to the bottom of the new light bar...it really looks nice...i spent less than $50 for the setup(driving lights and mounting bar)
Was looking at these myself! Would you have a photo of what they look like fitted? Thanks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts