Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cleaning my bike an noticed the left cover is GONE :bigoops: anyone have this part just fall off? Not the side with lock but other...I wouldn't think someone would steal it? My bike is blue. Any suggestions regarding who to order this from? Has anyone replaced with the chrome ABS one?? any good? thanks...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
What do you mean, not the side with the lock? Right and left on a bike goes by sitting on it. so the left side cover would be the one with the lock in it. Can u take a pic of where the part is missing? I can probably find what u need. Just need more info.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
One side is held with the lock and the other has a bolt/screw holding it on.

That screw is up by the seat and difficult to access but it may have "worked loose"... but there are grommet's with pins that should be enough to keep it in place.... :bigoops:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the side with the lock. LH side I tried to order from oneidasuzuki and the item has been discontinued. I must have not locked it properly..feeling pretty dumb at the moment. Ive looked on ebay and looks like Im SOL unless I buy the "chrome" replacement covers..of course I will have to buy another lock..such a waste of money. sucks

·
Registered
421 Posts
was in the same boat, you just have to be patient to find your color, eBay and this list are your best options.

BTW, I have heard the chrome ABS covers scratch very easily.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Year is 2006- Blue. THink I found one..Im definitely OCD when it comes to my bike. I wonder how often this happens ? Thanks to all for your support and letting me vent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.