Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have leds throughout your bike, on engine, forks, swingarm, etc? A friend has 60ish on his R1 and about has me talked into f=doing 75 red leds on the 50t.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
801 Posts
I am putting some on mine, there electro pods I have a set of 4 with 6 lights per pod. I was looking for some Optronix at auto store but they seem to not stock them. I want to get some 12' strips to play with. I also went to radio shack and bought high temp velcro strip to be able to move them around easily

·
Registered
959 Posts
leds

I have the blue ones from Custom Dynamics. Kind of expensive, but seem to be good quality, and good directions.
I think it makes the bike really look sharp.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I went to Princess Auto, bought some strips for 12$ a piece, zip tied em to the frame under the tank, wired em in. Look pretty good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I concur on checking with your local and state motor vehicle codes if you intend to light the LEDs while in motion. I am in the process of a custom paint job on my '04 and as the top color will be electric blue I was hoping to light the interior chrome with blue LEDs. Unable to locate the actual "written word" on these codes, I spoke with a friend in local law enforcement in the Albany, NY area. While your area may be different, in New York blue lights are reserved for volunteer fireman, green are reserved for ambulance, and red for emergency vehicles.

You can put all the red you want on the tail end of the bike, of course, just none anywhere else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The police are pretty relaxed around here when it comes to cruisers. They do bother the sport bikes.

Its no big deal, they are on a switch, and we dont right much at night anyways

·
Administrator
53,886 Posts
I have the OPTX neon tubes under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Mine are bright enough to see a little ways away - like when people are coming out from the bar - but not so bright that it looks like a UFO floating down the street. Personal opinion...

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
lowjacked said:
I concur on checking with your local and state motor vehicle codes if you intend to light the LEDs while in motion. I am in the process of a custom paint job on my '04 and as the top color will be electric blue I was hoping to light the interior chrome with blue LEDs. Unable to locate the actual "written word" on these codes, I spoke with a friend in local law enforcement in the Albany, NY area. While your area may be different, in New York blue lights are reserved for volunteer fireman, green are reserved for ambulance, and red for emergency vehicles.

You can put all the red you want on the tail end of the bike, of course, just none anywhere else.
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our bike will be finished tomorrow. Pics tomorrow night

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
TunerGirl said:
thanks for the tip about the laws. I dont plan to use them much for riding. more for parking
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was told its legal as long as they dont flash or strobe.
\

they are about 60% done,.

So, no pics yet

·
Registered
166 Posts
Leds

I used LED strips from Besthongkong.com. Not expesive but really bright and easy to install. I used Blue LEDS. I have them all over the bike along with pods for accent lighting. I do recommend you install a master cutoff switch incase you get some unwanted attention from the police.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts