Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the bike(Early 09 M50 so older version) in the summer and love it but riding at night SUCKS!!! As I've been reading here on replacements for the headlight I read on one of the threads about someone that changed the headlight out for an Sealed LED headlight with the modded trim ring. I liked the outcome so I bought the same LED headlight. When it arrived I brought it into the garage and was just looking at the current headlight(bike is tucked in corner for winter), Was down at eye level with it and it seems that the whole assembly looks like a slight triangle and that the headlight I bought wouldn't fit(being circular). Is there something I'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
4,286 Posts
Throwing out the welcome mat for your first post...Greetings from Gettysburg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops Didn't realize was my first actual post! Been reading ..... lots of reading and didn't realize I hadn't actually posted anything. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
19,724 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. Did you check the fitment listed on it first? Could be your headlight bucket got bent by a previous owner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did check fitment said it would fit with slight mod.and its not bent by previous owner because if you look straight on it does look like it was compressed some, but looks that way on all the same models as mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I bought the bike(Early 09 M50 so older version) in the summer and love it but riding at night SUCKS!!! As I've been reading here on replacements for the headlight I read on one of the threads about someone that changed the headlight out for an Sealed LED headlight with the modded trim ring. I liked the outcome so I bought the same LED headlight. When it arrived I brought it into the garage and was just looking at the current headlight(bike is tucked in corner for winter), Was down at eye level with it and it seems that the whole assembly looks like a slight triangle and that the headlight I bought wouldn't fit(being circular). Is there something I'm missing? i have an 09 C50 and i wanted to use a sealed led headlight....just like you it would not work on my bike....the stock headlight fixture is a gob of molded plactic that holds the regular headlight bulb...i took it all apart and tried the led mounting ring and it was not going to work...so i put the plastic gob back together and just put a led light bulb in place of the stock bulb...i quess that it will take a complete new headlight that will be compatiable with the standard 7inch mounting ring....i don't want to mess with it right now so later is will replace the whole headlight....maybe someone else has a way to get it done without completely replacing the headlight bucket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts