Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 04 Volusia. I am looking into replacing the headlight with a LED headlight. Was wondering where the best place and what would be the best one? Do not know much about these. Never can be too bright on a bike. Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I went HID single bulb HI/LO Solenoid conversion on the Headlight for $50 and 2 h3 LED bulbs @ $7 for my Custom World Driving lights. I epoxied the Led panels per Modzuki's recommendation. No modifications to the bucket or driving light housings .

The system has worked great for me and does not strain the electrical.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moto sussie, is that just a disconnect the bulb and plug in a new bulb? I was hoping that is all I have to do without any mod or customizing the bracket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
3600 Lumen H4, H6M LED Headlight bulb

3600 LUMEN H4, H6M LED HEADLIGHT BULB...$59.95
dont know if modification is needed to fit in our headlight buckets tho...I have the website bookmarked..one of these bulbs are definitely in my future if I can find out they work..

anyone have any info on these or know someone who has used one?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Moto sussie, is that just a disconnect the bulb and plug in a new bulb? I was hoping that is all I have to do without any mod or customizing the bracket.
Sorry, Once again I am a little late to the party. My HID is a plug and play set up. You remove the OEM bulb and install the hid bulb and mini ballast into the existing plugs and mount. Very straight foward.. Everything tucks away nicely in the bucket on my '07 C50.

What I did notice is that my original headlight aim was way too low before the swap. Adjusting the aim correctly made a big difference with the OEM bulb and makes an even more impressive difference with the HID.

The LED H3 replacements for my driving lights were direct plug and play but I added extra epoxy to the led ciruit boards to prevent any loosening due to vibration. 2 years and running strong. (touch wood).

The LED headlight replacement sounds interesting if the fitment works but the savings on the electrical draw looks minimal and it sounds like there is a fan in the system. ????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts