Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone break this down “Barney” style, like real simple and tell me how to wire this LED brake light? I plug it in and the brake light works but the running light for the brake light is not working and the other two wires are for integrated turn signals. Any ideas? I don’t mind soldering etc but don’t want to cut wires that I don’t need to (I’d rather be riding!) I believe the light is by “ Clear Advantage” but cannot find any wiring info. Thanks in Advance!
307360E2-BFD6-4DBC-B822-3E570E6990E3.jpeg

·
Registered
110 Posts
So step one is to test the lights you got there. You’ll need a wya to power then with a 12 volt source. The easiest is to use a couple of wires connected to your battery. BE CAREFUL because if you short them you will fry the wires, molten metal will take out your eyeballs, and the battery will explode spectacularly. Worst thing: you won’t see the pretty explosion because of the molten metal in your eyes.

Still reading? Ok so you will need to touch the negative wire to the outer housing of the connector and the positive to one of the small contacts on the bottom. If you can get the dimmer and brighter modes this way, you are golden. If not, that board is defective.based on your description I suspect the board is no good, but could just be a loose wire, a bad connection between the plug and the bulb socket, etc. if you are dead set on this you could theoretically cut out the socket and just solder the three wires together, but I wouldn’t. Make sure the plug and the bulb you have are the same type. Specifically you want to check if the little pins that keep it in place are offset or not and if they are, insert them in the correct spots.

I bought myself a $4 LED bulb from AliExpress and it’s a lot brighter than the stock one. So if this doesn’t work, you have other options. Also, don’t use those integrated turn signals. They aren’t legal and they don’t work all that well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I appreciate the info. Guess I'll get my will in order before testing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts