Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20,619 Posts
beginning to understand now why the older generations had so little patience with the 60's generation back in the day...always changing things...sit in's, protest's, do this, don't do that....on & on...

but on the flip side...funny how those same older gentleman folk had no problem with the woman's desire to update the fashion styles...

remember the mini skirts

sure you do...which soon led to the hot pants era...

yep...sometimes change can be good...guess you have to accept the good with the bad...

You forgot "Free Love" and Bra Burning.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
forget a lot of things lately...what was the purpose of this thread btw....

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Central Jersey Shore.
But had Phillies Sunday season tickets and Eagles season tix.....and if you remember, even had Stars season tix.
Loved South Philly......and their sports fans.
who were the "stars"?

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The fact that Halloween is there eve of All Saint's Day doesn't really mean much anymore. There may be some countries where All Saint's Day is still observed, but in the US most people don't even know what it is. I've never seen Halloween observed as anything more than an excuse to dress up, collect candy, and party. I see no reason why we couldn't move it to a more convenient time.
I say move it to July 15th...doesn't interfere with school...temps are always warm...stays light out longer...kids can start their t/t at 7 in the morning...

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've said for years the Super Bowl should be on Saturday, perhaps all nfl games, move college games to Sunday. And yes moving Halloween to the last Saturday would be convenient, but it is tied to an event and we can't just willy-nilly pick dates for historical events, well except the Lord's birthday, that was decided to be moved to December 25. Does anyone think he'd mind if we celebrated his birthday the 3rd Thursday in December?
would ask him myself but the last check I put in the plate bounced higher than a brand new Spaulding...then again "they" say he is of the forgiving nature...nah....think I'll let someone else ask him.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
would ask him myself but the last check I put in the plate bounced higher than a brand new Spaulding...
It's the thought that counts, right?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
who were the "stars"?

Mid '80s USFL football team from Philadelphia.
Some of their noteworthy players included Kelvin Bryant, Irv Eatman, Bart Oates, Sean Landetta, Sam Mills and Coach Jim Mora.
They were quite good in their league.
When the league started to fall apart, they merged with the Baltimore franchise.

Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars

Years of existence: 1983-1985
Owner: Myles Tanenbaum
Stadium: Veterans Stadium (72,204) 1983-84, Byrd Stadium (45,000) 1985
Colors: Crimson, old gold and white
Overall Regular Season Record: 41-12-1 (.769)
Overall Playoff Record: 7-1

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ah yes...the USFL...surprised it was so short lived.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
bigger question is...would you go again?

·
Super Moderator
58,788 Posts
Summertime football with the boys? Watching Hershel Walker play for the New Jersey Generals before he went to The Cowboys. Hell yeah I'd go again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts