Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. On our local CL I found a nice set of Leatherlyke bags (saddle and matching luggage bags) for an S50.....the only problem is I have a C50. Does anyone think this could work or am I living a pipe dream with this? Thanks a ton

-Shipwreck

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME to the VR site.

I don't know the answer but hopefully somebody will chime in.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The S50 has two external shocks and the S50 bags accommodate the external shocks.

The C50 uses a single internal shock.

The C50 bags come with a special plate for each side.

The Leatherlyke bags are noted for being individually designed to fit each bike.

You might be able Modify S50 bags but I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I have a set of Leatherlykes from a 1300 Honda on my 1500 Kawasaki so they probably could be "made" to fit.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
If the S50 bags are really cheap :moneyeyes: like $50 to $100 you might try modifying.

But if you are only saving a $100 I would keep shopping for a set of C50 bags at a good price.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a set of Leatherlykes from a 1300 Honda on my 1500 Kawasaki so they probably could be "made" to fit.
Both your 1500 Kawasaki and your 1300 Honda have external shocks.
The C50 has one internal shock and S50 has two external shocks like your Kaw and Honda. My buddy had a S50 and his Leatherlykes bag used up a lot of interior space to accommodate the S50 external shocks when compared to my C50 Leatherlykes.

However, I agree, you probably can modify S50 bags to fit a C50 but only a really good price would make it a good way to go.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Both your 1500 Kawasaki and your 1300 Honda have external shocks.
The C50 has one internal shock and S50 has two external shocks like your Kaw and Honda. My buddy had a S50 and his Leatherlykes bag used up a lot of interior space to accommodate the S50 external shocks when compared to my C50 Leatherlykes.

However, I agree, you probably can modify S50 bags to fit a C50 but only a really good price would make it a good way to go.

Yes, a very good price is necessary to make it worth while.......I paid $60 bucks for the bags cause one needed a lid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts