Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I am stupid and/or lazy I didnt remove the little plastic film from around the keyhole lettering when I got the bike two years ago. So over time it became loose and while I was on a ride in a neighboring town, the film became dislodged and got shoved right inside the tumblers along with the key! Believe me, this is NOT helpful unless you are trying to find a unique way to get stuck in a parking lot. I thank God it was a nice day and I had a freind 15 miles away with a tamperproof torx set so I could take the tumblers out and clean them! So next time you go out to your bike, check around the keyhole for that little film!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
My bike and I are moving in together again starting tomorrow. I'll have to check it out -- curious to see what it even says. "Insert key here"? :roll: Thanks.

(Been riding but, it's a winter storage thing...long, cold, snowy spring so far...she lives outside when we're together...sigh)

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Mine was 5 yrs old when i got it and I though it was the decal aging! Never realized it was a plastic protector. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jmax99 said:
I'll have to check it out -- curious to see what it even says. "Insert key here"?

It doesnt say anything, its just a little plastic film ring that protects the lettering underneath.
Your welcome, I am just glad to help!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me, and I was just lucky enough to have a local shop owner come by and hear me on the phone telling my wife what was up- he went for his ramps and hauled me home, turning down any compensation. :p Had to go buy a set of security bits to get it fixed but I also found a metal shaving bouncing around in there too, so it may have saved me some grief on down the road. I just put a Metzeler 880 on the rear, so I bought from his shop, of course! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts