Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I can honestly say that the information learned from this site has been second to none...so, with that in mind it;s time for some more opinions...

I love riding and I love my bike and how it is starting to look...I've read so many posts regarding pipes and PC"s, air filters and re-jetting...and one common verse keeps arising..you see, my bike is the C50 fuel injected, and many posts have said that some of these bikes come from the factory running lean...some posts say that adding certain things like pipes etc can make your bike run leaner or richer (depending on many variables) we know that it is not good for a bike to run too lean...so,

how does an average person recognize whether the setup is too lean, lean, or possible too rich? what should someone be looking for? listening for?

I am interested in everybody's take on this...let me know

...by the way...raining , 1 degree celcius and windy in Toronto , Ont today!!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Ice Cream Man said:
You must be one organized dude.
now that's funny.... I just drop it all in one place and search for it there....

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
v0lusia said:
now that's funny.... I just drop it all in one place and search for it there....
Which reminds me, your wife said you should clean the garage!

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
Yep what big ed said you want then to be tan in color. I hear you about the weather it's 32F. here in W.Pa. with snow and wind. :shock: :cry: was 66F and sunny yesterday. :D :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am in the process of moding my intake. You can see pics in the gallery. K&N with mesh cover. I have the jets almost set. The guys at motorcycle carbs said the only way to tell what the mixture is at the top end is to do a throttle chop. Take the bike out and warm it up for a couple of miles. Then run it up to full throttle for one mile. I did it in fourth to keep the speed down, it's about throttle and rpm, not speed.

At the end of the mile pull in the clutch and kill the engine, as close to the same time as you can. Come top a stop and pull a plug. This will show you if it's rich or lean at the top end. A little rich is ok, lean is not.

·
Administrator
51,647 Posts
jhallock said:
I am in the process of moding my intake. You can see pics in the gallery. K&N with mesh cover. I have the jets almost set. The guys at motorcycle carbs said the only way to tell what the mixture is at the top end is to do a throttle chop. Take the bike out and warm it up for a couple of miles. Then run it up to full throttle for one mile. I did it in fourth to keep the speed down, it's about throttle and rpm, not speed.

At the end of the mile pull in the clutch and kill the engine, as close to the same time as you can. Come top a stop and pull a plug. This will show you if it's rich or lean at the top end. A little rich is ok, lean is not.
Thats' one way of doing that. Watch the Barometer readings too. I had some reed valve jobs come back due to heavy barometer and humidity weather when I jetted them.
I had to actually richen up the carbs. Try to do it on a steady barometer. With the C/V carbs it's not so touchy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts