Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so went to a rally last weekend in NH...good rally ...good time...fellow rider there had the misfortune of developing a leak in one of his tires on the way there...not a bad leak but enough of a leak that any long distance/day riding not really a good idea..so the next morning he begins making calls to any/every shop around to see who has his tire size in stock...finds one 40 miles away... so he tops off the tire with air, and heads out. Gets to the ##dealer and tells them he called about a tire...they say yep...what model ## you got...tells him its a Suzuki...they tell him to take a hike... my first thought he was kidding...unfortunately true story...they chose to put him back on the road with a bad tire cause the mc was not one of their own...my guess is they felt on the off chance one of their own came in looking for a tire, they owed it to that off chance customer to have a tire available for them to purchase...still not an acceptable reason in my opinion but some who own such brand would probably debate that...always thought any dealer would put the safety of a fellow rider first over what type of mc the rider owns...scary thought that this place had no problem and obviously no conscience turning him away. Needless to say, he did no riding for the weekend. Shame.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Well, that freaking sucks!
I suppose we can take a pretty good guess what brand that was!
Just one more reason they will not get any of my money.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
That was really screwed up they would’nt fix his tire. Most dealers are more than happy to help out a rider in distress. I believe it was an individual owner or manager who made this ****** decision. Not a particular “brand” . Call out the dealer who was it? They should be shamed

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
That is absolutely unacceptable! The dealer/manager needs to be named and shamed, their dealership brand needs to be made aware of the actions of this franchisee and a social media campaign should be unleashed on them. To put a fellow rider at risk just because he doesn't happen to ride that particular brand is ridiculous to say the least and possibly negligent. Regardless, they deserve to pay a price for their ignorance.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have to say this is not the first time I have heard of this.....and it is always the same "brand".
So it may be more than just a manager/owner decision.
Might be somewhat of a corporate decision.
I wonder what the liability aspects are?

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
I don't know what brand it was but if he went to a Harley dealer they don't carry that size tire.
It was probably a BMW dealer would be my 1st guess but I don't jump to conclusions like others that have posted their partisan thoughts before me. :)

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
I don't know what brand it was but if he went to a Harley dealer they don't carry that size tire.
It was probably a BMW dealer would be my 1st guess but I don't jump to conclusions like others that have posted their partisan thoughts before me. :)
DC didn't say what bike it was, but my C50 had an HD tire on it

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
...scary thought that this place had no problem and obviously no conscience turning him away. Needless to say, he did no riding for the weekend. Shame.
:wtf:

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
That's brand descrimination. Dealer should be called out on it. Only possible excuse could be that they had no one trained on taking the wheel off on a shaft drive. Or the service mgr is just an
a$$hole. Doesn't matter which brand it was.
Just looking at both sides. Hope this helps

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I had a similar problem and when I called around looking for a tire most of them didn't have the size I was looking for. The "problem" dealership asked what bike I had and then stated that their techs were not qualified to work on Suzuki's. I was a bit taken aback, I mean it's just a tire and I had it off the bike. The service manager said it was a matter of "liability". Yes, it was a HD dealership. I avoid them like the plague to this day.

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
I don't think he actually came out and said Take a Hike either. It's just Dennis's delusional paranoid schizophrenia working overtime trying to start trouble again.

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
I had a similar problem and when I called around looking for a tire most of them didn't have the size I was looking for. The "problem" dealership asked what bike I had and then stated that their techs were not qualified to work on Suzuki's. I was a bit taken aback, I mean it's just a tire and I had it off the bike. The service manager said it was a matter of "liability". Yes, it was a HD dealership. I avoid them like the plague to this day.
He probably didn't like your attitude. I can see you're still seething :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I bought C-50 at a HD dealer, it was a trade in.

They are a conglomeration of HD, Yamaha, and Honda.

I wanted new tires put on.
They made a big deal about it saying that I'd have to wait a few weeks until their "Metric" mechanic could get to it.

The tires weren't a bad deal, but I think I still have sand in my ass from the service charge.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
My gosh! I'm shocked that any dealership would turn away a rider in distress.

That certainly is different from my experience last year at the OctoVRFest in Cooperstown, when I had a drive chain problem and an area Honda dealership I contacted took my bike right in, addressed the problem, and then wouldn't take a dime in payment for their time and trouble.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Dealer should be called out. I'm no mechanic but have ripped apart just about every brand of bike in the cave and managed to get it put back together. Someone that actually knows what they're doing should have helped a fellow rider out....no matter what he rides.

Dealer is a pr!ck and should be called out.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts