Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and a buddy are booking a last minute trip to Cuba out of Toronto. Looking to book the week of September 15 or 22nd to either Varadero , Holguin or Playa Santa Lucia. All inclusive hotel airfare taxes food drinks about 600 CDN$ single supplement taxes in. Tips, diving, scooter rentals extra. We probably won't book until the week we decide to leave.

The more the merrier.

Pm me if anyone else wants to join in.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Don't you ever work????

(Love your "Edit" ........ we can discuss that over drinks Saturday night!)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:biglaugh: I work very hard at planning these vacations. I Pack my "teeth brush" and go. Was that a HD carve?

These trips are actually cheaper than staying home for a week.

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
I'm all in, unfortunately I know I would need permission from State... And I know I wouldnt get it. Ive heard nothing but good things! Enjoy.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could all just fly out through Canada or Mexico. Cuban officials welcome Americans and do not stamp passports.

If we go to Varadero I am hoping we can find bikes bigger than 50 cc scooters that come with the matching Jockey lid .:scoot:

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
You could all just fly out through Canada or Mexico. Cuban officials welcome Americans and do not stamp passports.

If we go to Varadero I am hoping we can find bikes bigger than 50 cc scooters that come with the matching Jockey lid .:scoot:

I still cant, I am banned from travel to Cuba by the dod and state, along with a dozen other countries. i cant even do the Canada thing because I am not allowed to go at all. Bummer. of course, the other countries... iran, Afghanistan, UAE, ... Etc... Dont bother me. But Cuba would be fun, so I'm bummed.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I thought a lot of Americans flew to Cuba via Canada.
It's the only way for them to get there.

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
I thought a lot of Americans flew to Cuba via Canada.
It's the only way for them to get there.

Its perfectly normal, I'm just not allowed to go there at all, even though it was almost, well, an eon ago, I have DOD travel restrictions because of my job in the military... In the 80s. i cant fly there from anywhere.

I know no secrets... i probably couldnt operate the high speed low drag backpacks the kids are using nowadays.... But apparently, we dont want the cubans to get me... And I dont want to end up in a chain link cage on the other side of the island :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well there was some doubt as to whether this trip was going to happen. I was seriously considering a drive through visit to the VR rally but we finally booked today for a fun filled week on Tuesday to Varadero. There will be no pictures or videos allowd LMAO. There is still room . Memories Varadero Diamond Club ...look out. LMAO

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
You know we want pictures and video! Unedited too!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I remember the picture of you on the scooter from the last time you were in Cuba.
Have a great time, what happens in Cuba stays in Cuba??
:shades::smoking:

Reactions: Moto-Suzzi G50

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it better stay in Cuba or "some buddy's gonna be in a bigga trouble" :biglaugh::boozin::blackeye:

Reactions: 10-64

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Have a great trip!

Reactions: Moto-Suzzi G50

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Back from Cuba , had a blast! No pics or videos ! ( I hope none show up on Youtube..... LMAO)

I am going again at the end of October with my wife . I will take some pictures on that trip and will steer completely clear of the resort I just visited. :biglaugh: or else :blackeye:.

Reactions: 10-64

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Since we hadn't heard from you on here, BBM, or Facebook, and there were no pictures or video sent, one was beginning to wonder if you required "bail money", or a lawyer! LOL :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.