Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think it's hilarious that these days manual trannys are an upcharge.

I drove an old 60's Chevy truck with three on the tree for a construction job. That was a blast.

I used to laugh at the Prius when they first came out. I aso laughed at people who work Berkinstocks. Now I wear them all the time, so c'ei la vie...

·
Super Moderator
24,390 Posts
I don't know how you can live in that city, Whiskey.... I have customers there and can't stand the traffic. When I have to go to my customer's DC in Cartersville, I fly into Chatanooga and drive down. It is much faster than sitting on I75 going through downtown. I joke that I've spent so much time sitting beside the Georgia Tech campus that I've earned an honorary doctorate....
I don't go inside the perimeter unless I absolutely have to, and if I have to, I try to schedule it for the middle of the day. I live in Kennesaw and my office is in Roswell, so if I have to go in, I go across Hwy 92 and avoid the interstates. I also work from home as much as I can get away with. Yes, the traffic sucks, but if you live here you learn to deal with it. It's the same as people who live in the New England area learning to deal with snow.

Chattanooga to Cartersville is about the same distance as Hapeville to Cartersville and less traffic, so yeah, I would do that too.

I didn't realize you were going to Cartersville regularly. That's only about 20 minutes from me. Next time you're in town, hit me up and we'll grab lunch or something.

·
Super Moderator
24,390 Posts
I think it's hilarious that these days manual trannys are an upcharge.

I drove an old 60's Chevy truck with three on the tree for a construction job. That was a blast.

I used to laugh at the Prius when they first came out. I aso laughed at people who work Berkinstocks. Now I wear them all the time, so c'ei la vie...
I made fun of the Prius when it came out too, then gas hit $5/gal while I was driving a Dodge Dakota and working 50 miles from home. Of course, as is my luck, as soon as I bought the Prius the price plummeted back to under $3/gal. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah but you're getting, what, 500 miles per tank?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I don't go inside the perimeter unless I absolutely have to, and if I have to, I try to schedule it for the middle of the day. I live in Kennesaw and my office is in Roswell, so if I have to go in, I go across Hwy 92 and avoid the interstates. I also work from home as much as I can get away with. Yes, the traffic sucks, but if you live here you learn to deal with it. It's the same as people who live in the New England area learning to deal with snow.

Chattanooga to Cartersville is about the same distance as Hapeville to Cartersville and less traffic, so yeah, I would do that too.

I didn't realize you were going to Cartersville regularly. That's only about 20 minutes from me. Next time you're in town, hit me up and we'll grab lunch or something.
Damn, I was in Cartersville this week. Nice little town to stay in on a business trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,311 Posts
Nearby GT campus is some awesome Dogs and Peach Pies...The Varsity....What' you'll have boy...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts