Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be the last to realize this, but I saw a Road King parked next to my VL800 the other day and I didn’t realize that my bike was physically bigger until then. It’s also 200 lb lighter, which is nuts. I figured all Harley’s except the Sporty and the 500s where physically bigger than this “mid-sized” cruiser.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I may be the last to realize this, but I saw a Road King parked next to my VL800 the other day and I didn’t realize that my bike was physically bigger until then. It’s also 200 lb lighter, which is nuts. I figured all Harley’s except the Sporty and the 500s where physically bigger than this “mid-sized” cruiser.
How bout it....big bike feel without the weight,,,love it:grin2:

·
Registered
19,427 Posts
The wheelbase on the Suzuki is exactly 1.3" longer than the RK. Of course it is heavier - its engine has more than double the displacement that the C50 does.

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
The Road King is the best looking Touring sled in the HD line up!...... the King of the Road!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was also shorter height-wise. Like the handlebars on it came up to where the top of my tank was. But yeah they are pretty. HD really nailed the headlight on it too. And I hear new ones can be had with ABS.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I was doing a lot of measuring of a lot of bikes..... getting a trailer set up so it would tow any 2 bikes out there. Discovered many different things that were interesting. Handle bar width was one thing much different on a lot of bikes. Length.... not that much variation to be concerned about. Width of the engine and frame ... weren't important on a trailer. Stability of the bike on the road, has a lot to do with length and weight distribution .... and where the center of gravity is .... thus why sizes are all very similar. ... but the CG's can vary. Typically want it to be right in the front of the riders seat. ... gas , engine, rider's weight .. all taken into consideration.

·
Super Moderator
20,032 Posts
always liked the road king,,,came this close to buying one before buying what I ride now...no regrets.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I seriously almost bought a RK. I was very close but then went in a slightly different direction (almost totally different). I made the right choice for me, i think.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Park it next to it's big brothers, the 1998-2009 LC 1500/C-90 or the C-109 they make a fat boy look svelte.

·
Super Moderator
20,032 Posts
when I first started riding back in on my 04volusia, pulled up in front of a mc shop. figured go in and see what they got customizing wise...came out a short while later and some guy riding a HD pulls up and parks next to me as I'm getting ready to leave...nice looking HD clueless to what model it was...didn't matter...so I look at the guy and tell him, nice lookin ride...he says ...Yeah I know...looks at my ride...makes a face......yep... first real experience w/the HD mentality, figure might as well give it back...tell him...what is that...Harleys entry model...gives me a dirty look and tells me its a Fatboy...tell him...looks kinda small...didn't know Harley made a Fatboy for beginners. Hit the starter button. and rode off. A$$hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts