Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a fairly new member but I have a question if someone can answer. I was wondering if anyone had the Shark 250W system with the 3" speakers. Ive heard that because of the brake res, you cant really mount them on the mirrors. I was wondering if anyone used the Kuruakyn 1420 clamps along with the mirror brackets to put on. Id need extra room because my windshield is too close to my handlebars to put it directly on the bar. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I had the same issue, and I tilted my windshield angle forward. The only issue I had over time is the shark speaker bracket. The Kuruakyn brackets are heavy duty but the Shark bracket that you attach to it broke due to highway vibration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue, and I tilted my windshield angle forward. The only issue I had over time is the shark speaker bracket. The Kuruakyn brackets are heavy duty but the Shark bracket that you attach to it broke due to highway vibration.
so what did you do if your bracket broke?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
so what did you do if your bracket broke?
Took the system off completely and use it in the garage connected to an extra motorcycle battery. I found that I did not use the system that much compared to my BT system in the helmet. Wife wanted to listen to her music and I wanted mine, so the Shark had to go.

I did fabricate a new bracket using an aluminum bracket from the home improvement store and drilled new mounting holes. Had to bend it to make it fit the curve handlebar clamps. The Shark bracket mounting plate is pop riveted to the rear of the speaker. I did not want to drill out the rivets and damage the interior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive seen some of the brackets that came with the old ones but the one i recently got, the mirror mounts seem to be a bit thicker than the older ones and seem to be more sturdy just by looking at them. ill have to see once I put them on

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sound like a good reason for some pull back risers to me.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sound like a good reason for some pull back risers to me.:wayhappy:
Reminds me... I did add Johns kit 2 inch spacers to the stock riders and that changed the handlebar to windshield angle significantly.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
do they make any for the c50 or would i have to fabricate those? Ive been thinking of doing that anyway:biglaugh:
Search risers in the swap meet. Can't make risers unless your a machinist.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I just used P clamps and the brackets that came with the system. Never a problem. On the Memphis shades windshield I just bolted it to the shield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used EMT hangers with the mirror brackets, works great and keeps them behind the windshield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE: Shark system brackets did not work with brake res and mirrors. Im thinking P clamps plus the brackets that came with it to mount onto handlebars or highway bars anybody else have experience doing this? pictures would be a plus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts