Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the beginning of the year I bought a pair of Sedici HotWired gloves from Cycle Gear. They were absolutely great, and kept my hands toasty warm well below freezing. A few weeks ago I was using them on a ride when I started feeling pain in my right hand. I turned off the gloves, and when we stopped I pulled them off to find a blister on the knuckle of my ring finger.

I'm not blaming the gloves, because I think I know what happened. I have a habit of pulling off my gloves by pulling on the end of the finger. I'm pretty sure that this caused the lining to pull back in the finger, exposing the heating element inside. This was completely caused by user error and not by a manufacturers defect.

I just walked into a Cycle Gear store a few moments ago with the gloves, told the story and asked the guy if he could help point me in the right direction. His response was "What size are they?" He went to the shelf, pulled a new pair, typed on the register a bit, then handed me the gloves with the advice that I not pull the fingers on this set.

We're all quick to cry when vendors give us bad service, but I try my best to give them credit when they do it right. Kudos to Cycle Gear, they have earned my repeat business and referrals moving forward.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
That is one of the principle reasons I try to encourage people to shun the on-line shopping experience in favour of the brick and mortar. You simply can't get that sort of service over the internet.... Cycle Gear is one that absolutely stands behind what they sell. We were on a ride down south and my wife's boots developed a leak. We stopped at the Cycle Gear in Greenville SC and they exchanged her three year old boots on the spot.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have had the same results with them in the past. I somehow pulled a vent zipper completely free of the stitches. Took it in on post and asked if they had problems with it in the past. The guy told me they hadn't.
He asked me to go get one off the rack and I left there with a replacement jacket that actually matched my bike!
Of course that was back when I was riding a sport bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts