Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody removed their kick stand lately ?

I had a problem with bike cutting out. I thought it was the ole kickstand sag so I replaced the springs.

I think I may have another problem.

There is some slop in the hole where the kickstand bolt goes through the frame. Either the bolt is worn or the hole is.

Mine has the nut on the top and the bolt head on the frame side. I thought it would be a simple matter of removing the nut and back that bolt out.

No way Jose. That bolt is either threaded into the kickstand (which I find hard to believe) or it has welded itself there.

Anybody pulled that bolt lately ? It's not threaded is it ?

I've had a wrench on it trying to turn it and I have two bleeding knuckles for my effort.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
found this on the net

use 14mm socket & ratchet to remove nut at top of kickstand. use 17mm wrench to remove pivot bolt of stand.
carefully work stand off of the frame piece by folding it up and down, then remove springs from pin on back of stand.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Page 400, Clymer Manual ......... (Sorry, pic attached "sideways!")

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yes the bolt threads into the top ear on the sidestand itself.

I had forgot I'd used thread lock last time and it just needed a little more persuasion.

I think I need a new bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.