Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got kind of a strange question, my key for my bike is just a loose key, because when i put a keychain on it it rubs against the gas tank and makes scratches, anybody have any homemade cures for this? Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Yep, buy a bike with a key fob :biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
20,471 Posts
apply a small piece of clear vinyl adhesive sheets over the area where it is scratching. I have seen these used on saddlebags where the passenger on the back will occasionally kick the bags while mounting the bike...this prevents damaging the paint and keeps the flow of the color on the bike.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Take your key ring and wrap it in electrical tape, if your bike key is the only one on it.

No scratches and no chance your key can come off.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I use one of these dual ring detachable key chains. On one end I keep the ignition key.

On the other end I keep the key(s) to my bags and a house key.
When riding I keep the luggage keys in my pocket. When stopping for ice cream or back home, I join the two and bingo, no scratches & no lost keys!

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know what you mean. The edge of my tank had paint missing, touched it back up then got this heavy duty clip thing. Ive also had clear vinyl stuck on the neck cover since I got the bike which is all scratched up with a swinging key pattern, been meaning to peel it off and stick new stuff on

Attachments

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
This is what I use for a keychain.
It doesn't flop around much in the wind, it's hard to lose, and starts lots of interesting conversations when I set it on the bar.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just use a loop of paracord for my motorcycle key "ring". Hot-pink paracord, to be precise, so I can spot it when I set it down somewhere!

When off the bike, I usually run it through a belt loop so it's tied to me and I don't have to root around in a pocket to find it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts