Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Downsized a month ago. Knees getting weaker by the day. Loved the lighter C50T. 2015 model with less than 6000k. Haven't ridden much yet. Getting chillier here now in Ontario.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Welcome from Waterloo Ontario

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
welcome...hope the downsize works out.

·
Super Moderator
26,692 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. The Nomad 1700 had all the power when cruising already but heavy when pushing and backing around the driveway and parking. With my small stature and senior moments, with both feet finally flat on the ground, all of a sudden the C50 feels light as a feather.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome from near London Ontario. I can relate about the knees.....this getting older is more painful then I thought it would be.....

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
getting old sux...big time...one of the good things about the sister mc to the c50...the c90...more power, more leg room...only 100 lbs heavier.

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
I understand, I've dropped sizes myself.......I hope you're not too disappointed in the C50.

Reactions: XJMatt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far so good. Except when I filled up for the first time, I didn't realize you can't fill up gas all the way to the brim. I had to stop in one of the parking lots to siphon off some cause gas overflowed out the gas cap. How far up can you fill the tank to avoid this? Any advice?

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
To the bottom of the neck if I remember correctly........

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just fill mine up while it is leaning over on the kickstand. Might put a little more in once I straighten it up, but not much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So when filling up don't let gas over the metal barrier inside the tank? That's pretty much almost half a liter from that point til the neck isn't it?

·
Registered
21,126 Posts
That half liter is better than having it come out while riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts