Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited I just ordered a 3 piece Mustang seat #79282 for my 07 C50T based on the reviews I've read on here. I'm pretty comfortable with the stock seat but my wife is not happy with it so I tried the Butty Buddy and she felt it was too slippery she kept sliding forward when I brake. so we returned it and after extensive reading on here based on what I read Mustang was the way to go so after much internal debating I made the purchase on Amazon. I can't wait to receive it and put it on its really my first mod I can't wait!

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I'm so excited I just ordered a 3 piece Mustang seat #79282 for my 07 C50T based on the reviews I've read on here. I'm pretty comfortable with the stock seat but my wife is not happy with it so I tried the Butty Buddy and she felt it was too slippery she kept sliding forward when I brake. so we returned it and after extensive reading on here based on what I read Mustang was the way to go so after much internal debating I made the purchase on Amazon. I can't wait to receive it and put it on its really my first mod I can't wait!

The difference in the passenger pad alone is significant....the wife's gonna see a HUGE difference. You'll now be able to ride as long as you want without being forced to stop because your butt hurts. It's a great seat!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree, bought a three pcs Mustang seat setup for my 2008 C50C. :applause:
Once you two get accustomed to the new seats, you'll triple the distance you can ride before needing a break.

·
Registered
843 Posts
How much would it actually cost Suzuki to make a seat that you could actually enjoy. I always make the seat the first mod and sometimes the only mod when I get a bike. Mustang makes a very good product and they back them up. Over the years I have broken mounting brackets ( very bad joints on the bridge to the island) and they have always replaced them and new rivets with no questions asked. They hold their value and are a quick sale on ebay when you get a new ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
besides sliding, did the butbuddy work for her backside as far as longevity? thinkn bout getn one that sits on fender with suction cups and takn passenger seat off...GF doesnt like to sit up high cuz of wind

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have a 2005 C50T and the Mustang seat I put on a few months ago is the best accessory I have installed. I ride all day now and it is so much more comfortable and I get a little lower back support which is great. Can't comment on the passenger comfort since I ride solo, but I am sure it is better too. The studded version looks great and it is so easy to install, even for a non-mechanically inclined person like me

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as the Butty Buddy we honestly only gave it about a 70 mile trial as we both got tired of her sliding into me. We tried placing it in different positions on the pillion nothing really helped the top surface just seemed too slick. As long as I didn't touch the brakes she did say it was more comfortable than the stock pillon. She had to be careful getting on or she would knock it off so it just seemed awkward. The suction cups on the fender may eliminate that problem I just don't know how anyone could get past the slick top surface.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts