Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Super Moderator
Great job... miles of memories..

Registered
Fantastic.... what's your next goal..250K???

Super Moderator
great and congratulations...so much for the nay sayers...keep it ticking.

Registered
great and congratulations...so much for the nay sayers...keep it ticking.
The more accurate descriptor is parts of his bike just hit 190k. He's on his second engine.

Reactions: beezer

Administrator
The more accurate descriptor is parts of his bike just hit 190k. He's on his second engine.
Means one of the engines hit at least 95k, still impressive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantastic.... what's your next goal..250K???

Well, 200k definitely. I doubt it'll make 250. I expect to get around 235 on this motor. By then, I'll be retired and I won't be commuting 100 miles a day anymore. I'm debating whether to get another Boulevard or to splurge on an Indian Springfield. But I have plenty of time to think about what to do after this old girl is done. I also have a couple of parts bikes and a big electric motor . . . I have half a mind to try to make one into an electric Boulevard.

Registered
Congrat's Dohebert! That's the reward (120K, on your first engine before retiring it - and now +70K on your second engine and hoping for at least 105K on it before it needs replacing) for some mighty-fine effort on your part in maintaining and conservatively operating your motorcycle over the years since you acquired it . . . 馃榿(y):giggle:

Registered
And the more important part is (wild guess here) all of him also hit that mark. Congrats man!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrat's Dohebert! That's the reward (120K, on your first engine before retiring it - and now +70K on your second engine and hoping for at least 105K on it before it needs replacing) for some mighty-fine effort on your part in maintaining and conservatively operating your motorcycle over the years since you acquired it . . . 馃榿(y):giggle:
Change the oil every 3500; regular valve adjustments following the jpaige method, and these littles engines will run a long time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the more important part is (wild guess here) all of him also hit that mark. Congrats man!
Thanks! I've killed 3 deer along the way and woke up in an ambulance once (that was the first deer), but I'm still all here.

Super Moderator
went thru an engine rebuild at 50k on my 04,,,remeber asking the guy who works on my ride if I should consider moving on from the mc and he told me t the time, the bike has been good to me and knowing the history of the bike from day 1 and how I take care of it, I owed it, the mc, to keep it going and do the repair, not because it would put money in the owners pocket, not his...but because he knew how much I loved the bike and also the amount of $$ I had put into it customizing it. so I spent the $1000 and did the repair...about 40k later, the same situation came around and he advised me now it was time to let it go, it had been good to me, but just other normal wear and tear items that would need to be replaced also, he felt in the end it would be a better option to move on. So I did...to a c90.

Registered
This reminds me of the famed "million mile Harley". The reality was, the frame saw 1 million miles of use. It had been through several engines, transmissions, wheel sets and a pair of gas tanks. I'm more impressed with the guy that Ron and I ran into at the USAF museum in Dayton back in 2016. He had his 2007 Honda ST1300 parked next to our bikes. I glanced at the odometer and he had 275,000 miles on the clock. We met him as we were getting ready to leave and he told us that he bought the bike new, quit his job and had been riding around the country ever since. He was on his way from Maine to Corpus Cristi, by way of Dayton. The bike was all original, save for a new front wheel that was damaged when he hit a softball size piece of debris and bent the rim somewhere out west.

Super Moderator
sound tense beez...need to order some wings and extra hot ones at that...

Administrator
Been a while, but I still pop in once in awhile. I'm on my second engine in this bike, but this morning I made it to 190k. I'm wondering who has me beat?

View attachment 147969
Some proper maintenance and use it for what its designed. These are good bikes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts