Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that on EVERY forum when us new-B's have a hard time finding something because we are new-B's, someone feels the need to be an #%$#%$hole and point out "try searching". Is it really that big of a pain to just answer instead of spewing venom? The answer would probably take less time since you are so wise...you all know who you are. Actually, "try searching" would not be that bad but the answers are usually riddled with sarcasm and angst. If your time is so important, why are you spending it on a forum being a jerk.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
because there are hundreds of new b's and people get tired of answering the same question hundreds of times.

Don't believe me, try a search for "best seat" or "Mustang Seat" and see what you find. Truth is forum etiquette (any forum) is that you search first. If you don't find what you want or need, then ask. It is common courtesy.

Now, I am not one recently who has told others to search, I am just answering your question... Personally, I have just stopped responding to such questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point exactly

My point made...thank you. Why even answer if it is to be nasty? If you don't want to answer...don't. Not that hard at all really. Don't get me wrong. I am NOT in any way bashing this forum. It, and others, are valuable tools. It just kills me the time some take to be mean.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
so i checked your posts, and i do not see where someone just replied back with "search". looks like people have answered your question.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
funbikerchick said:
because there are hundreds of new b's and people get tired of answering the same question hundreds of times.

Don't believe me, try a search for "best seat" or "Mustang Seat" and see what you find. Truth is forum etiquette (any forum) is that you search first. If you don't find what you want or need, then ask. It is common courtesy.

Now, I am not one recently who has told others to search, I am just answering your question... Personally, I have just stopped responding to such questions.
or better yet, do a search for oil :lol: but i do agree. some veterans do that. personally, most of the time, i just ignore repeated questions.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bs

Hey, I know what you mean but I dont take it seriously and most times, I just ignore it or hit the back button. :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
we do have some like( wise guys) that but were not all like that. Most times you can get chided and then you get an answer. It does help to a have little bit of a hard shell here and let stuff slide off the shell sometimes.

but what family is LIke the ancient sitcom coms like father knows best and perfectly gets along?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I started out on another forum, and well because of the terse replies and general "we are the kings of motorcycling attitude" I ended up here bothering folks.

I gotta say, VR was very cordial and always treated myself and others with care for the most part.

If one group gets tired of answering...
Then there is always someone logged on here that will eventually either- try to answer, bump the post or guide anyone needing info to an answer.
Sometimes it takes a self bump...but IMO VR always comes thru.

Welcome and stick around you'll see what I mean!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Sorry you feel that way but welcome to the site anyway. There are a few that will do that and truth be told... newbies don't always know they can search. So sometimes it is being helpful. I haven't seen anywhere in your previous posts where anyone has been disrespectful to you so I'm not sure where this is coming from. I've asked lots of questions that are repeats and have always gotten lots of help. There are some on here that will even do the search for you and then post the link.

Take care and again... welcome! :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
And now when someone asks the question....."why do people get #%#%U** when new b's ask a question"........we can tell em to go SEARCH!!!! and they'll find this thread!!!! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
C90T Rider said:
And now when someone asks the question....."why do people get #%#%U** when new b's ask a question"........we can tell em to go SEARCH!!!! and they'll find this thread!!!! :wink: :wink:
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it possible to make a new section with stickied heavy use questions. This way us rookies go to there and look up stuff you have all already replied to. The search engine we have here is not very impressive with finding specific results. :?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
laf723 said:
Is it possible to make a new section with stickied heavy use questions. This way us rookies go to there and look up stuff you have all already replied to. The search engine we have here is not very impressive with finding specific results. :?: :?: :?:
ohhh you've noticed?! how nce! :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I always make sure to search first, but on large forums like this one sometimes the content you need is hidden among 15 pages of search results. Personally, if I see a question that's been asked before, I'll post a link to the previous thread. Hopefully, helpful information can be obtained quickly without anyone getting defensive.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I suppose the more pertinent question is why do all forum search features absolutely suck?

Most people, if they search at all, don't know the terms to enter to find what they are looking for. They get frustrated after reading some number of posts and finding they all devolve into "boobies." So they ask in a new thread. Why, when asking, they can't say "I've searched for X and can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction?" I don't know. Also, rather than ask something objective like, "can I get a fairing for this bike?" they will ask something subjective like "So what's the best oil to use in these bikes." Why I don't know. If its inevitable get ready for it and don't let it ruffle your little feathers when it happens.

·
Registered
637 Posts
And all this time I thought I was the only one who had trouble with the search function. :roll: Maybe some day when I grow up I'll get it figured out.

As others have said, stay with us and you'll find a bunch of helpful people here.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Misunderstood said:
C90T Rider said:
:biglaugh:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts