Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special, just another Wolo horn install while I had the tank and neck covers off. I was concerned with the electrics getting wet and just did not like the way it looked when mocked up on the left frame upright so decided to mount it and the relay in the left side cover. I carry a small tool kit in the saddle bags so it was not being used.

I used a long screw driver to pop off the stock horn connection from the right side and pulled it through to the left side. Spade connectors, 14 gauge stranded wire, and some dielectric grease on the connectors and that part was done.

Ran the wires under the exiting cable ties down the left top frame and then under the tank mount to the back of the inner left side cover.

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the back of the cover and pulled the horn switch wires through along with a fused lead connected to the positive battery terminal and a lead connected to the negative battery terminal. I used double sided foam tape to mount the relay and used the elastic cord to hold the horn in place. Followed the wiring diagram that came with the horn, spade connectors and dielectric grease. The inner and outer cover snap back on without any issues.

Three observations. (1)The fusible link I used had a 7.5 amp fuse. One blast of the horn and it blew. They recommend a 20 amp. I popped one in and used the horn a dozen or more times without an issue. (2) Leave enough of a service loop in the wire so you can take off the back cover and rotate it out of the way if you need to get to the shock.(3)Make sure your wife's cat is close by and then blow the Wolo. I am still trying to get him to release his grip on the garage ceiling. What a jump.

For what it is worth

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to hide it or rather muffle it by hiding it. I want as much horn blast volume I can get. Mine is attached to the left side frame tube near the radiator. It has saved me many many times by alerting a distracted driver I'm positioned where they want to be at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts