Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not very knowledgeable about bike mods etc as can be seen from my question that I will now ask (with my head lowered). If you are going to re-jet your bike do you actually have to empty the tank first before you remove it so you can get at the carb.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
nope, no need to empty it, but it would definately help if it wasn't all the wa full. You need to pull the tank off of the bike, and it's pretty heavy with a full 4.5 gallons in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Difference in US model Dynojet kit and European dynojet kit

Hello there

i have a VL800 here in Ireland and i wanted to Jet the machine for after market pipes and K&N. The Dynojet supplied here is only for US model none for European.

What is the difference?? Is there really a difference??
Can a plan be made ?

Can anyone help
Many thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Re: Difference in US model Dynojet kit and European dynojet

ando said:
Hello there

i have a VL800 here in Ireland and i wanted to Jet the machine for after market pipes and K&N. The Dynojet supplied here is only for US model none for European.

Can a plan be made ?

Can anyone help
Many thanks
Andy
Mechanically, I can't imagine that a European Vol is any different than one here in the States. Maybe your geographical location is what's making it different, the fact that you are much further North? And then in turn, the jets they provide for you may not tune it quite right?

Sorry, I really am just guessing here. Sure hope someone smarter than me comes along who can answer your question.

-Slim

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts

ando said:
Hello there

Can a plan be made ?

Can anyone help
Many thanks
Andy
Welcome to the site... I couldn't imagine riding a Volusia on those roads in Ireland. I would be in heaven (assuming I stayed on teh correct side of the road. My last trip to your fair land was about 2 years ago).

go to Motorcyclecarbs.com and find their email address. They may be able to help you. Also what about a small independent motorcycle shop? They might be able to give you some fair advise.

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
Yes and No.

No, you don't have to. It does, however, make it much easier to remove the very wide tank without a lot of gas in it.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts

v0lusia said:
I couldn't imagine riding a Volusia on those roads in Ireland. I would be in heaven (assuming I stayed on teh correct side of the road.
I can imagine driving a Vol, or any other bike, in Ireland. Only saw a couple of riders when I was there in March.
Drove on the wrong side of the road once, luckily I was out in the country, had just completed a Y-turn (yeah, I missed the turn off again!) :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts