Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Like your 90. Man, that is some flat country, reminds me of N Dakota some. I note that there are no fences containing those buffs. They're free to roam the roads?

BTW....are Meers burgers really world famous? :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
view

That view I admit isn't very flattering but behind me is the Wichita Mountains. I didn't capture it in this picture. Yeah it's a wildlife refuge so yes they are free to roam.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I forgot, the Meers Burgers are indeed World Famous. If you are ever in the Southwest Oklahoma area, you must go there. The place is obviously vintage which is the coolness of the place, but the burgers are incredible.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Nice pictures. It would be nice if you noted the location in case I get the urge for a "World Famous Meers Burger" someday.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
cactusjack said:
Nice pictures. It would be nice if you noted the location in case I get the urge for a "World Famous Meers Burger" someday.
Right behind his bike, silly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, I kind of messed that one up a bit, but I was trying to show the bike more than the restaurant but looking back it does look like a poster for the Meers burger. haha Oh well, I tried. For those that are interested, the restaraunt is located in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Lawton, Oklahoma. By the way, there is an adjacent town next to Meers called Medicine Park and it is way cool. All the homes are made of cobblestone and they have refurbished the entire town and it is "happening" on the weekends so if you want a way cool ride for the weekend come on down, or up, or over, whichever the case may be. lol There is a bike shop in MP also, called "Chaps My Ass" that is unbelievable and the owners are fun to buy from.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
I wouldn't be braggin' 'bout having Longhorn steaks, and I'm from Tx.
true longhorns exist on scrub pickins and tend to be a bit on the tuff rangey side.

....now iowa corn fed beef, is another thing allll together...can cut those suckers with a fork. :D

looks like a neat place tho. thanks for sharing the pix

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ahh, yummy indeed. Those burgers are GIANT size to boot. When I was at Sill, we made a monthly lunch run out the back gate. Big burgers, lemonade in a mason jar, and don't forget the pie.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to make a day of it and head out there...only 423 miles from the house. I might even try to get my brother in on this one.

Cool! Thanks for the pic. and info.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
wehrd1 said:
....now iowa corn fed beef, is another thing allll together...can cut those suckers with a fork. :D
Just so you know, corn fed beef is the primary cause of all these e. coli outbreaks we've been having in the beef supply.

·
Registered
84 Posts
But done right corn fed beef is the best. We have a few calves on 20 acres and they are corn fed for the last 3 months or so. IT is the best!

The feed lots on the other hand! The smell gives that away.

We also raise our own pork.

Nothing beats homegrown!

Also I like the pics going to have to do a ride from the NE side of the state. Okie land has such a vast range of landscape. Really a cool state that I am proud to call Home.

Dem Buffalo are tasty as well.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Phloyd said:
wehrd1 said:
Just so you know, corn fed beef is the primary cause of all these e. coli outbreaks we've been having in the beef supply.
yeah, cuz we all know those cowpokes use the corn cobs to wipe their azzes, and don't wash their hands afterwards :roll:

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
wehrd1 said:
... we all know those cowpokes use the corn cobs to wipe their azzes, and don't wash their hands afterwards :roll:
Two red cobs and a white cob, right? First a red, then a white to see if you need the other red? (It's an old Iowa joke. Or a joke from an old Iowan.)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
DLFox said:
wehrd1 said:
... we all know those cowpokes use the corn cobs to wipe their azzes, and don't wash their hands afterwards :roll:
Two red cobs and a white cob, right? First a red, then a white to see if you need the other red? (It's an old Iowa joke. Or a joke from an old Iowan.)
^^ Either that or you can always wrinkle up the Sears and Roebuck slick pages because the last feller used up all the plain pages.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts