Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this board and it is all full of info. I have an 04 Vol Limited and I ordered the motorcyclecarbs jet kit for it. My question lies in the instructions. What do I need to drill out?
It states,
Drill out the mixture plug. Take it nice and slow, once you feel it break through. stop. Now take the screw that came with the
kit and screw it into the plug. Once the screw is in you should be able to pull the rest of the plug out with pliers.
and has a picture of it...but it is pretty vague. Please let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your best bet is to take it to an authorized dealer and let them look at it and see what they think<<<<< with out seeing it, it is hard to tell what they want drilled out,,,,on my last bike the jets just unscrewed and you screwed them in!!! Hope this helps you out.... I would'nt drill anything out without a professional to look at it first!!!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
It is just a little brass plug in the hole to keep you from adjusting the idle mixture screw. So looking at the holes in the pic they sent 1 of the holes has a brass plate. That is the one you drill.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Welcome to the site from central florida.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
adominique0313 said:
Your best bet is to take it to an authorized dealer and let them look at it and see what they think<<<<< with out seeing it, it is hard to tell what they want drilled out,,,,on my last bike the jets just unscrewed and you screwed them in!!! Hope this helps you out.... I would'nt drill anything out without a professional to look at it first!!!
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
usmcrizzo said:
Hello, I am new to this board and it is all full of info. I have an 04 Vol Limited and I ordered the motorcyclecarbs jet kit for it. My question lies in the instructions. What do I need to drill out?
It states,
Drill out the mixture plug. Take it nice and slow, once you feel it break through. stop. Now take the screw that came with the
kit and screw it into the plug. Once the screw is in you should be able to pull the rest of the plug out with pliers.
and has a picture of it...but it is pretty vague. Please let me know.
WELCOME, new member.

Pete
USMC 1960-1980

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot guys. I will be drilling it out as soon as my kit comes. I just got my MOC kit to remove the pair valve and the air filter will be relocated under the tank as soon as that arrives...I am on my way to exposing the JUGS on my VOL.

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
usmcrizzo said:
Thanks a lot guys. I will be drilling it out as soon as my kit comes. I just got my MOC kit to remove the pair valve and the air filter will be relocated under the tank as soon as that arrives...I am on my way to exposing the JUGS on my VOL.
Welcome to the site and thank you for your service.....

You are just drilling through a thin cap then pulling the cap out with a screw. This way you get to adjust the screw that is under the cap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts