Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

I have a 2000 Marauder VZ800, I figuring out all the things the old owner did, and didnt do

I have performed a ton of maitenance on this bike so far, here are my 2 questions

1. This bike has the K&Ns front and back with no snorkel, I cannot read the MJs as they are etched out, The bike seems nice up until about 70mph, then it starts to hesitate and will not go any faster, I have reason to believe its lean or fuel starved thus far, what main jets would you go with in this setup with stock exhaust? The OEM is 90 and 100,,,The carbs were spot cleaned, but today I will inspect the diaphram and check the float heights

2. All the valves in this bike were so tight I could not even slide a .003 feeling in there to ANY of the valves,,,,I set all the intakes to .003 and all the ex to .008, I believe thats what the manual calls for,,,,,In doing this compression went from 145psi per cylinder to 165,,,,,,But I am still noticing hesitation on WOT at times

any ideas would be great

TY all

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
The service limit for engine compression is 152psi. 165psi is very low and indicative of upper cylinder wear. Do a compression leak down test to see the condition of the piston rings, as your engine may not be holding compression and you are burning oil during the combustion and exhaust stroke.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts