Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there tried these pipes/mufflers? I have a C50 (FI), would I need to get the new computer? How is the sound? Sorry about all the questions but like everyone else money is tight. Thanks

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
I have the pipes, they are a little too loud for me but that makes em just right for most folks. Yes, you will have to re-map.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You don't need to modify your fuel settings until you alter the intake side. All the EFI's sensors are on the intake side of the engine, and changing the exhaust won't hurt anything. The primary reason for changing to an aftermarket exhaust without modding the intake side as well is for sound/appearance. Since the bike is pretty lean and quite restricted on inlet air flow in stock form, just pipes alone won't help performance much. You need intake side mods as well for that.

Now, with that said, once you change to a K&N air filter, or an aftermarket intake, you will need to use a injection programmer to both avoid engine damage from a lean running condition, as well as to reap the full performance benefits of the intake mods and the exhaust you already installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts