Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends all said it would happen one day and today was the day...dumped my C50T in the parking lot. How embarrassing...

I did this making a slow, tight turn to back into a parking spot, like I have done for almost 3 months, but this time while making the sharp, slow turn, I pulled the front brake...killed the engine...dropped the bike...good grief! :D

Scratched up the mirror mount and clutch handle and that is all..no big deal, but it was amazing how once that bike started over, there was no saving it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Welcome to the "Been There.... Done That" club! :wink:

·
Registered
174 Posts
OH NO!

I almost dumped with in 30 seconds of driving it off the lot. The ink was not even dry on the paperwork. I pulled to the stop sign and I barely saved it, and when I say barely I mean by the skin of my teeth!

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Welcome to the club! Two words: Cobra bars! Worth their weight in gold...and as an added benefit, it's chrome!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Look at it this way...relatively minor damage and nobody got hurt. It could have been worse. A lot worse. They are heavy though. When I set my Nomad down, there was no way I could stop it once it decided it was going over. That's an 800 pound bike. A very helpless feeling, indeed. I was elated to see that it barely scraped the crash bars.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I started off from a stop sign and it either stalled or I forgot to downshift when stopping and it was still in 3rd. Bike lurched hard and to the left and I laid her down. Caught my foot under it. Thank goodness for Capt. Cruisers boots!

Cobra bars. Very minor damage.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Well that 's over , Not hasta worry about it any more!

welcome intiate.

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
I'm sorry it happened, but now it's done.
I had to lay mine over easy in a parking lot not long after I got it because I started to dismount and forgot to put the kickstand down. :oops:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yup, sometime in the not too distant future you will be telling this story to someone else it's just happened to. It's part of the "cycle" of life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts