Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride AND on keeping your CTX too. It’s nice to have both. I really like my trike, specially when riding with the wife but two wheels in the turns is so much easier. It’s great to get up in the morning and have the option of 2, 3 or 4 wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
... but I'm gonna try it anyway, for fun.

View attachment 146786

I've ridden BearBait's (fancier) Spyder several times now, and thought it was pretty cool.

Although one's "situational awareness" on the road is the same as when riding a motorcycle, the skills required to get good at piloting a Spyder are clearly different. So I get to learn something new!

This year of all years, it'll be really neat to have this to look forward to come springtime. For now, I get to wait for its delivery to my house in a few weeks, while I consider how to dress it up. :)

I kept my good ol' friend Flicker, by the way. No plans to part with it.
We bought a 17 RTS Spyder about a year ago. It took a few hundred miles to get used to it. I haven't riden my 2005 C50T since. Its the best bike I have ever owned. Absolutely no problems in 15 Years & 30000 miles. It's a shame but the Spyder is so easy to ride. I am going to sell the C50T

·
Registered
21,470 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. You'll have a blast on it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
... but I'm gonna try it anyway, for fun.

View attachment 146786

I've ridden BearBait's (fancier) Spyder several times now, and thought it was pretty cool.

Although one's "situational awareness" on the road is the same as when riding a motorcycle, the skills required to get good at piloting a Spyder are clearly different. So I get to learn something new!

This year of all years, it'll be really neat to have this to look forward to come springtime. For now, I get to wait for its delivery to my house in a few weeks, while I consider how to dress it up. :)

I kept my good ol' friend Flicker, by the way. No plans to part with it.
I had the full dress one for a test ride with Monika in PA a few years back. Visited Kurt and Carol and went to Thunder in the Valley. Back then they didn't have the new triple engine. It was a lot of fun, pretty zippy!. Definitely different and the passenger has to be hanging on. No sleeping in the back seat! Pot holes and road kill a challenge to try to miss.

Reactions: Woodswoman

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
amazing how many are out there now...truly believe its not only for the older rider refusing to hang up the helmet but lots of new and younger riders entering the riding world and just find it appealing and fun. Haven't ridden one yet and have been told its definitely a different riding experience, maybe next season will have to see what its like.

·
Administrator
54,207 Posts
Surely it will plow snow........;)

·
Registered
21,470 Posts
It's your choice Chris. Amsol is a good choice. Thanks Dennis and Happy New Year to all of you.

·
Super Moderator
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Brought the new toy out of the garage for a bit this afternoon, before tonight's predicted crappy weather arrives.

Just "vroom vroom" noises; no riding. It's not registered yet. <Sighhhh>

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks Sharp!

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
makes 3 now in our group. Happy New Year to you and Mike Chris.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts