Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the football game stressing me out, I decided to install a couple of shiny things that I've had delivered over the winter. The Brake pedal cover went on nicely, and does appear to make the brake peddle easier for my foot to find.

The luggage rack was a different story. It is a three point fastener type: the rear passenger seat bolt, and the two bolts holding the license plate to the bike. Well, upon securing to the passenger seat bolt, the other end of the rack ends up about 1/4 inch short on the license plate bolt site.

I'll get it on OK when I get new fasteners, but WTF?!! It seemed so simple!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You sure that fits a Vol/C50? Seems to be sloping down. Should be level.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I suggest some rubber Washers/Grommets at all three mounting points to take up the difference in space and isolate any potential vibration.

Reactions: RellaLou

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suggest some rubber Washers/Grommets at all three mounting points to take up the difference in space and isolate any potential vibration.
That was my plan. It will be sturdy once I'm done... no fears here. According to the ebay seller, it came off his Volusia. Now he could have been funnin' me, who knows, but I do like the design better than the racks that just hang off the sissybar. Once bolted down, it will be fine. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a link to what kind and how it should look, maybe this will help.

MC Enterprises Deluxe Chrome Rear Fender Mini-Rack - Volusia

Yes, that's it! Thanks. I know I've seen a couple of picks of this style here and there, but couldn't find the brand. Just not sure why mine is short of the posterior screws. Would lowering my bike have caused any shifting that would have caused this?

It doesn't appear damaged at all- in real good shape. The seller said he removed it in order to attach a trunk unit. It also appears not level due to the angle of the camera and because the posterior attachments are loose, therefore the back end is hanging lower than it would be if it were attached.

I'll fiddle with it some more... and get new bolts and space fillers.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So upon closer inspection of the pic, It looks like the problem is that there was some original ??? spacers that mount between the license plate holder and the mounting holes for the rack. This accounts for the gap. I did not receive these two parts with the rack.

Oh well.... same plan in place!

Thanks Jendesigner for helping me figure this out!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Nylon a pacers will do just fine.

Reactions: RellaLou

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Installed this rack with spacers this morning! Nice and secure. It's small, and although it won't handle large loads it will be a great feature for smaller loads. :wayhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since I don't have passengers, I put my big bag on the pass seat, but I'm always trying to cram smaller stuff into the saddlebags... Hey, I can't help it! The more storage options, the better! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts