Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
Looking for a lockable trunk to attach to my luggage rack.
The stock luggage rack is not strong enough to support the weight of the trunk AND its contents. In fact, the weight of most trunks exceeds the carrying capacity of most racks empty.

I tried what you are looking to do. The constant pressure of the weight of the trunk caused the welds in my luggage rack to crack after a year.

If you still want to go this route, invest in a Wompus Heavy rack. It is designed from the start to support the weight. After that, get what you like.

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
594 Posts
The Givi style of trunk seems to be more durable. I never had a problem with my Givi on my old sport touring bike. That said, I'm not a fan of how they look on a cruiser. I went with a ebay special rack and trunk. I've had no problems with the rack, but have had to patch and reinforce the trunk. There are pics in my garage.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Givi style of trunk seems to be more durable. I never had a problem with my Givi on my old sport touring bike. That said, I'm not a fan of how they look on a cruiser. I went with a ebay special rack and trunk. I've had no problems with the rack, but have had to patch and reinforce the trunk. There are pics in my garage.
Leatherlyke makes a trunk that would match your saddlebags.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.