Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All: Started working on installing some new lights on the Bike (Lunasee Lights), and when I look in the Headlight bowl wire area I see this capped connector (which I uncapped). Is this an Optional wiring harness/connector? Included pictures. I looked at the wiring schematic and see something that says Option (B/W,O/BL on schematic ). Thought this may be that - except there are six wires and the schematic only shows two...and that not the color is see (I only see black and white wires). Anybody know what this is???

2005 C50...

My skills / expertise with electrical stuff is really minimal. Hoping I can install these lights into the electrical system with directly wiring them into the battery (already have enough running through those connectors...). Plus I want the light to turn on when I turn the bike on.

Any information would be great.
Thanks,

Todd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
If it's in the headlite bucket and has nothing plugged into it, it is probably the accessories connector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah... Thanks 03volusiarider. That is it. Now I Just gotta figure out how to wire the lights in...

Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wiring the thing

Ok... I guess I am still unsure how to wire this thing. I originally planned to find the Orange/Blue wire at the fuse box, and using an eye-connector, put my new light wire onto that specific terminal, thus having my control box and fuse all near the seat area When I looked at the fuse box I have no idea how to get to the actual wiring that's coming from the front of the bike.

I may going about this all wrong, anyone have an idea on putting something else on this circuit correctly? Not worried about the amount of voltage because these are LED's and draw less that .4 amps. I could go onto the battery, but then have to hit the switch every time to turn off. I am trying to avoid that.

Thanks,
Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts