Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Oh, I know what "this" is, my friend. Didn't even have to think twice. But let's say someone from Mars beamed to earth and hadn't read the news, then saw this post. The Martian would be like, "What in Blrzp are they talking about?"

What an awful Spring. Example: On Saturday, we were riding the bikes and barbecued outside for dinner. On Tuesday, we woke up to this.

As I write, the wind is screaming, we've had 2.5 inches of rain already today, and are under a flood watch because the worst of the rain isn't even here yet.

Mike and I keep saying it'd be a lot easier to stomach the confinement if we could go outside for some fresh air now and then.

By "outside" I'm talking my front porch, y'know? <Grump>

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
does make for a pretty picture tho...should put some lights and bulbs on that tree and have a xmas in April party...

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
It's definitely a strange time.

I used to cough to cover up a fart in public. These days, I've been farting to cover up my coughs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In southeast Texas, we ride pretty much year round. We don’t really have a riding season, but the middle of summer can suck at times.

The lockdown has not deterred me from riding. I’m looking forward to riding tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
I've had my bike out a handful of times. But mostly I've been spending my free time in the yard, doing things I've been putting off for years. I'm nearly out of projects, so that means more time to ride.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
actually ahead of schedule on the yard work...should be too...considering I'm retired now...so really no excuse...still...rather be out golfing or riding so usually the yard work waits and waits and waits...I do try to keep up on the lawn cutting...yardwork sucks plain & simple. Think the main project is going to be to totally rid the garage of all the junk I've been accumulating/hoarding over the years...wait a minute...said that last year too...the mc would appreciate it tho.

·
The Village Idiot
5,021 Posts
I had a flooded basement just when the lockdown started. So far I have replaced my drain tiles (previous owner used the wrong kind), and just had my rear patio lifted (it has settled down 2" at the house/patio joint). Salvaged what I could. Ripped out carpet and pad and brought up tack strips. Had to use the self leveling poly fill to smooth out all the holes and divots. I'm not putting carpet down there again. First time was main line backup, now this was torrential rains. Sump pump was working, just couldn't keep up with the water coming in from the patio (most of it) and the corners (downspout tiles). We made 10" flood cuts in all the drywall, so I have that hung and taped now. I need to start mudding, and I am sorely afraid of doing that. The weirdo who finished my basement installed an outlet every 4 feet.
So, besides that, work and grad school...I haven't had much time to ride. The weather was nice a few days so far, and sad to say, I didn't get out on two wheels. I'll try next week.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
major project that requires any and all of ones free time to do...sometimes I wonder if home ownership is worth the hassles and headaches these kind of repairs end up with...great if you have the time, and know how, questionable when one is at the mercy of having to hire someone else to do it and hopefully do it right...hey that's me.

·
The Village Idiot
5,021 Posts
Yes.
It is really bad when you are about as handy or mechanically inclined as the Sta Puff Marshmallow man, which is me. But the alternative is thousands in getting it done. Which I don't mind if I had the cash and these times are so uncertain....
The patio was a grand to raise, but that's not anything I could do myself.

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
Just had a guy come by and look at my house for siding repair and a paint job. Talked to him about switching over to fiberboard siding. He ballparked it at about $25-30k.

Yeah, sometimes I question the sanity of my decision to buy a house.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
always kid my wife telling her that since she's gonna leave this earth first, no way I'm going to stay in the house when the time comes...then again, one look at all the junk I would have to get rid of...doesn't look like I'm going to be going anywhere.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts