Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really shouldn't in my case...while I do try to put together coffee/lunch meets just to get folks around here together...there are places to go if anyones interested...places due offer take out at this time...not ideal but a coffee is a coffee and a burger is a burger...just want to ride, a ride is a ride and gas stations are open...guess its all about ones needs and to take advantage of whats available...looking a nice weekend coming up...enjoy if you get out and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Yes and no.
Had bike out 3 times in the last 5 days.
So it's great I'm riding......but I do miss being able to make a local stop for either coffee or a quick lunch.
But at least I'm enjoying some riding.

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
Not really anywhere to go, but I can ride all I want. Unfortunately, I haven't had any time since all of this started. Maybe one day...

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.but I do miss being able to make a local stop for either coffee or a quick lunch.
in my case, the need to empty the bladder which as the body ages, more frequent stops become almost a given...over the years I made it a point to be aware of where I am in my riding and where opportunities for a coffee and a nature call are nearby...I often joke about the 2 minute warning...remember back when I got the urge...ok..got time but start looking for a place...now when I get the urge I got about 30 seconds..pretty much pull over find a tree or a dumpster to stand behind and do what needs to be done...sucks getting old.

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
hows things down there Whisky...you guys get the blanket lifted yet...
As far as I know we're mostly back in business. The park around the corner from my house is open. Things aren't "back to normal," still limits on building occupancy and other stuff, but pretty much any business that wants to run can.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Generally, I'm riding every other day when there is decent weather. The other, other day is for taking my dog out and hiking some local trails instead.
But with no open riding destinations to go to, I tend to just ride around more or less aimlessly, usually on the back roads.

What's really affected is my trip planning fun, because everything is still closed. By now, I usually have some ideas ready to go and some reservations made.
It's hard to get excited about making plans until I feel that there's a chance I might get to complete them.

I'm not really bummed out over it yet, since it's early in the season.

Hoping and praying for the best.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I try not to get bummed or frustrated about something I have no control over, especially when I think about the real issues some are having because of it...my sister just went thru breast cancer w/all the weekly treatments at the hospital that seemed to go on forever not even knowing if at the end it was all for something...in her case, it was, but during these past few months I often think about those like her that not only had to worry about whether or not the treatments were going to help, but also what the chances were they would come home w/more than they left with when they returned from the treatments at the hospital. I guess if not being able to stop for lunch is all my inconvience is during this time and yet I still can fire up the mc and endlessly wander about, guess I'm pretty lucky.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The weather is effecting my riding season more than anything. I have honey to do list that has been created by my wife and mother. There is a lot to do and when the weather is good I am out there plugging a way at the list. I get out for short jaunts here and there and it works on my sanity. I have a plan to make a couple of sandwiches and take some fruit to the shore, park or some where else and take the bride for a break.

I too am a coffee lover, when I am out, yeah I will not be drinking it or maybe four hours before.

Stay safe everyone

·
Registered
20,218 Posts
This has made my riding better. Less idiots on the road. I carry a few cans of veggies in the saddlebag and my essential worker papers and if stopped, I say I'm taking the long way home from the store. My papers are incase I forget the veggies.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
LOL! The entire post, and nobody defines what "this" is.

It'll be funny when somebody, years from now, looks at this post and can't figure out what we're all talking about.

To answer the question, the only thing really affecting my riding right now is the CRAPPY weather! What a lousy spring it's been so far.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey Chris...hope the snow your way has melted...but don't put the shovels away just yet...

as for what "this" is...but pretty much now, whatever one wants "this" to be.... it should have been easy enough to figure out the history of the poster of this thread has with any posts he makes usually goes nowhere of any value ...sort of like getting into a revolving door or roundabout and not being able to get out... makes me dizzy also sometimes...to think Barb has been stuck in that roundabout for 52 years...that's even scarier.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts