Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Suzuki Intruder Classic 400 (hey, I live in Japan!) and I really want to convert my bike into a Bobber using Bluecollarbobbers.com. But their parts are only for the Volusia C50 or the Boullevard M50. I asked them if their parts would fit my bike but they said they would not. I have looked and looked at the pictures of their conversions on the Volusia C50 and I am convinced that everything matches perfectly with my own bike. The engine is small on my bike, but the frame size is equal to the big boys. Can anyone tell me if my bike is capable of using their conversion kits? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Can you post a picture of an Intruder 400 Classic ?
I am doubting that the parts would fit, but would be interested in seeing what the bike looks like. Even though they look alike, most likely mount holes would not line up.

C50's and C90's look very similar visually, there are very few parts that interchange, if any.

I did take a front fender from a Suzuki 109 and mount on my C50, no modification, fit like a glove.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ok lets clear up some nomenclature first.

The C50 and M50 are both different models in the Boulevard Line.

The C50 was the Volusia or Intruder Volusia and the M50 was the Marauder.

In the US the Vol, Marauder and Intruder all used the same engine, but were 3 completely different body styles.

I don't know about the engine in the C50 or M50 but again the bodies are completely different.

I think the Intruder 800 became the S50.

Since you have something called an Intruder, and are going to try to put on C50 or M50 parts, my guess is they will not fit.

Good luck

Richard Boroff

·
Super Moderator
25,189 Posts
That does look like a C50. What size engine do you have? It looks like the Intruder 400 is only 400cc while the Intruder 800 would be the 800cc engine that comes in the C/M50's. Are you sure it's not an Intruder 800? A quick Google search also makes it look like Suzuki is still using the Intruder name in certain countries. I've seen mention of 2012+ Intruders. I'd guess that if you're engine is the 805cc V-Twin you'll find 90% compatibility with the Boulevard C50.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Well............that looks just like a C50 to me.

What does it say below "Classic" on the side cover ?

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
The Japanese have some rules about engine sizes (too big is not allowed or VERY expensive to tilte). This looks like a C50 with a 400 cc engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well............that looks just like a C50 to me.

What does it say below "Classic" on the side cover ?
No, it's definitely a 400 Intruder Classic but inside a large frame. There's no mention of C50 or any other number. Maybe this model is particular to Japan as they are very strict about engine size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's definitely the 400cc engine. The Japanese are very strict about engine size. It's a Suzuki Intruder Classic. No where else in the world is this bike called the same. Strange.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It's definitely the 400cc engine. The Japanese are very strict about engine size. It's a Suzuki Intruder Classic. No where else in the world is this bike called the same. Strange.
Kind of explains why we don't have many members from Japan on this site. Looks like the Japanese version of the 800cc Suzuki is a 400cc Suzuki.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
The Japanese had a 400cc version of the Kawasaki Drifter that I would love to get my hands on.................

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats really crazy. And we thought the 800 was under powered. They also have another version of the boulevard that looks kind of like the M109R but is also a 400. Quite interesting.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Ok lets clear up some nomenclature first.

The C50 and M50 are both different models in the Boulevard Line.

The C50 was the Volusia or Intruder Volusia and the M50 was the Marauder.

In the US the Vol, Marauder and Intruder all used the same engine, but were 3 completely different body styles.

I don't know about the engine in the C50 or M50 but again the bodies are completely different.

I think the Intruder 800 became the S50.

Since you have something called an Intruder, and are going to try to put on C50 or M50 parts, my guess is they will not fit.

Good luck

Richard Boroff
You know what initially threw me off was the naming of the Volusia, which is "Intruder Volusia" on the tank badge. It seemed as though the early Volusia's had a real a naming dilemma... as though no-one could decide so they threw two names together. So I was left to wonder why an Intruder is a different bike than the Volusia, but both names are on the badge.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts