Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so how do you feel, do you think the C50 and M50 is the best value cruisers on the market for cruisers from 750cc to 1100cc.

I know there are some good bikes out there but when I was looking to buy another bike I couldn't find anything to beat the C50T price wise with all the extra's we get with them.

I wanted to buy a Triumph America but is was $2000 more expensive and had no extra's on it, to set it up with bags and sissy bar it would of cost me another $1600 plus, yes it did have the Triumph name on the tank and they do make a bit more power on the road but for an extra $3500 was it worth it, well I ended up buying the C50T and btw I do love my Triumphs.

Also just to let you all know my C50T isn't my first Boulevard it's my third cheers. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 04. I would not even think about buy anything else. My next bike will be a C90. I would love to have the bigger engine! Looking at the C90 now.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Hello all, so how do you feel, do you think the C50 and M50 is the best value cruisers on the market for cruisers from 750cc to 1100cc.

I know there are some good bikes out there but when I was looking to buy another bike I couldn't find anything to beat the C50T price wise with all the extra's we get with them.

I wanted to buy a Triumph America but is was $2000 more expensive and had no extra's on it, to set it up with bags and sissy bar it would of cost me another $1600 plus, yes it did have the Triumph name on the tank and they do make a bit more power on the road but for an extra $3500 was it worth it, well I ended up buying the C50T and btw I do love my Triumphs.

Also just to let you all know my C50T isn't my first Boulevard it's my third cheers. :wayhappy:
Don't worry about the Triumph name it can be de-badged.:biglaugh:
Three Boulevards is a lot.:wayhappy::shades::wayhappy:

·
Registered
19,495 Posts
I loved mine! Had it for 4 years and never had a complaint ! Had the engine not died unexpectedly, I'd still be riding it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
324 Posts
I loved mine! Had it for 4 years and never had a complaint ! Had the engine not died unexpectedly, I'd still be riding it.

That's scary.
I know by your posts that nobody takes care of their bike better than you.
Over 30k on mine, compression is 190 and 210.
Wonder if I should consider getting another one with less miles.

Still is a great value though, as I only paid 3k for my c50t with 24k at the time.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
All kidding aside the C50 is the best value on the market. Still selling great 9 years after it's introduction. The latest C50 have dual Spark Plugs which supplies a little more HP, A Digital Gear Indicator, and improved saddle now much like the Mustang Seat.

Don't know about the M50 not as popular as the C50 to the extent it's been discontinued by Suzuki.

·
Registered
19,495 Posts
That's scary.
I know by your posts that nobody takes care of their bike better than you.
Over 30k on mine, compression is 190 and 210.
Wonder if I should consider getting another one with less miles.

Still is a great value though, as I only paid 3k for my c50t with 24k at the time.
Your compression is fine. It will run for many miles to come!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
How about the Vulcan 900 ?
It's a good value but the C50 looks like a big bike. I was vacillating between the Vulcan and the C50, same price at the dealership in 2012. Got the C50 because it wasn't cramped for me. I don't think that there's a better value for a cruiser than the C50. I quit screwing with bikes decades ago, ride only 4k a year since I use it for a commuter at 24 miles a time, so this will last longer than I'll probably keep it. My Harley buddies all like it and I get lots of complements.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I have a 04. I would not even think about buy anything else. My next bike will be a C90. I would love to have the bigger engine! Looking at the C90 now.
Think twice about that! I've owned both, and liked the C50 MUCH better! C90 gave me nothing but headaches. I sold it after 1100 miles.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Was at a recent bike show and you could not get more bang for your buck than the C50T . Most dealers were also offering 2 year Suzuki factory plus 3 additional years dealer warranty.

I agree that the bike looks much bigger than it is. Fits me fine and I am no small dude.

The bike gets many compliments. I don't :bigoops::biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
57,495 Posts
Your best value probably is probably between a 2007 and a 2009 Nomad. You won't need to buy any extras and it will last you a long time with plenty of power.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
If you don't want to work on your bike and would rather ride, the C-50 is the answer..
I still think that's the reason Suzuki hasn't changed the gearing. They know if they did you'd never consider moving up in size.
Fool em add a DJ and you'll never look back. It's by far the best cruiser out there under 1400CC's.

·
Administrator
29,599 Posts
Perhaps, yes. i dont think a bigger motor is necessary in a cruiser. Mine did exactly what I wanted it to do. At a perfect prcie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts