Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local dealership to pick up some exhaust gaskets for my bike.
They told me they no longer sell Suzuki bikes or parts any more.
They said Suzuki is in Chapter Nine and has pulled out or shut down over half the dealerships.
So I wen't to another and they said the same thing.
Went to a third, (Honda Suzuki of Warren), and they only had 3 bikes in their showr room.
They said not true, but when I asked why only 1 C50, 1 C90, and 1 M109, on the floor, he said they're just not selling.
What have you guys/gals heard?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
my local dealer has multiple new models

·
Registered
370 Posts
Went to the local dealership to pick up some exhaust gaskets for my bike.
They told me they no longer sell Suzuki bikes or parts any more.
They said Suzuki is in Chapter Nine and has pulled out or shut down over half the dealerships.
So I wen't to another and they said the same thing.
Went to a third, (Honda Suzuki of Warren), and they only had 3 bikes in their showr room.
They said not true, but when I asked why only 1 C50, 1 C90, and 1 M109, on the floor, he said they're just not selling.
What have you guys/gals heard?
Amazing you got a response from Honda Suzuki Warren, those are the laziest, good for nothing bunch of hacks I have ever seen in my life

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazing you got a response from Honda Suzuki Warren, those are the laziest, good for nothing bunch of hacks I have ever seen in my life
Aren't they all that way? I thought it was a requirement in order to be a stealership.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have never liked Suzuki cars, but man they have made some nice bikes, both cruiser and crotch-rocket. I do nto care if they stop making cars, but I hope the bikes stay!

*UPDATE*

Here are some links to the bankruptcy. It happened last year and affects their cars, not bikes.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/05/court-approves-suzuki-bankruptcy-plan/
http://www.autonews.com/article/20130302/RETAIL07/130309956/american-suzuki-bankruptcy-plan-approved-by-u.s.-court
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/11/suzuki-bankruptcy-what-you-need-to-know.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
My local dealer stopped dealing Suzuki just a few months ago as well. Have another one about an hour away if I need parts. I really liked mine, but they just weren't moving inventory so they pulled the plug. We're a pretty small town that's pretty Harley-centric so not a ton for import bikes unless they're crotch rockets.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have 2 dealers within 25 miles, but go to one 80 miles away for the customer service.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believe they will if people keep buying ZX-14's! I have guys who have been die-hard busa fans that are trading on new ZX-14's. One guy blew my mind when he told me because he was the ultimate busa fan. I have ridden both, and I too prefer the ZX-14. It just rides better.

However, I do believe they have one thing going for them. The 750. Yamaha and Kawasaki got stupid and only sell the tiny 600/650, the too big 1000, and the 1300/1400 speed-gods. I am saving for my GSXR750 now. Just the right balance of power, size, speed, and comfort. I have ridden a 750 and a 1000. I cannot drop the 1000 as easily as the 750, and the 750 does around 180mph stock, so who needs more unless you are going to a track?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts