Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is something wrong with this? Bike is an '05 C50.

I have checked mileage several times over several tanks of gas, and have yet to break 50. Today was a hair over 46, best was 48 and change. My bike has no FI mods, only 4 extra 1/2" holes in the bottom of the airbox, and fully gutted stock pipes.

Maybe it's my riding style? I don't thrash the bike, but I guess I do pull away from lights and such somewhat aggressively(I like to hear it!). About half of my daily trip is 50-60 on back roads, and then a 4 mile shot twice a day at 70 on the speedo.

I thought these bikes would get well over 50 stock.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nope , that's about average.......45 - 50 mpg is about right.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hmm... it's interesting you guys are getting high 40's.

I have 05 C50. Pipes are de-baffed & de-mickeyed. I ride 120 a day between 45-60 mph. Take off a bit hard but I'm in 5th gear by the time I hit 50-55 mph

If I ever get below 50mpg I figure it's bad fuel. My best has been 56 but very consistantly get 53 - 54 mpg.

Even when I take the expressway and run 70 mph, I get 50 - 52. Good luck

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
big ed said:
05 C50, I get about 132 miles till the yellow light. That's 44 mpg.
That's pretty close to what I get. I'm not light on the throttle. I figure I could get better mileage if I eased off on the throttle from a dead stop, but the difference in savings on the gas bill between getting 40 miles per gallon and 50 doesn't seem like it's that much. I've gotten 52 on country roads, but most commonly between 42 and 46.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On my brand new 05 C50 at 600 mile break-in I'm getting 48 MPG average on the 4 tank fulls I have put in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts