Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently stumbled across the Jim's Spacers website while looking for risers/spacers for my bike.

The site looks pretty old, and most mentions of Jim's Spacers on this forum seem to be a few years old.

Can any of you fine folks confirm for me that they still are in business and accepting orders? I emailed them a couple of days ago and haven't heard back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yes, just email him. I bought a set of risers last summer.
Same here. About 6 months ago I bought his risers. Made a big difference.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I also ordered through his website in the past year .

Great guy to deal with. Just email him if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I also ordered through his website in the past year .

Great guy to deal with. Just email him if you have any questions.
George, do you have these on your bike? No need to extend the cables?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was looking at them but they did not really come back much, just up 2 inches. I wound up getting a pair of risers off ebay for $38 that came up 1" but back 1.5 inches which is what I really needed. they look good, really super close to hitting the gauge cluster up front but it works and I did not have to lengthen any cables. if you come up too far you have to start replacing cables. I think there is something similar to jims spacers on ebay as well. ill try and take a picture of the risers mounted when I get home if interested.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Tony, Sometimes just rotating the handlebars with Jim's spacers will help with that issue.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mine is a 2008 with Jim's spacer's (1 3/4"). And I have my handlebars so they are inline with the forks and the grips are horizontal.

I rerouted the throttle cables behind the fork tree by taking them loose from the throttle. Also, behind the left frame cover, my throttle cables were routed so that they had to cross over the clutch cable. I uncrossed them and got a little more slack as well.

The brake line has a little more slack to go higher and I also have a Memphis shade trigger mount, which takes away some of your brake slack as well.

Overall I could have easily gone with the 2" risers, and possible could get another inch if I really wanted to.

·
Registered
988 Posts
George, do you have these on your bike? No need to extend the cables?
Hey David, I installed the 1 3/4 inch Jim's spacers on my 07 C50 and only the throttle cable was just a little snug. I rerouted the cable. (many people have not rerouted on the 07) Apparently only the cables on the 07 were made shorter but all other years should be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Jim spacers are great. Got the tall ones.
Two man job. Don't do this alone like I did. Torque wrench required.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the 2inch shapemaster spacers,installed them myself..I couldn't get the stud out by binding to lock nuts so I had to use a stud removal kit.

FYI autozone has a free tool rental service that I think was a godsend. I just road my bike there, put 30 bucks up for collateral got the kit, installed the spacers in about 10 minutes in the parking lot,returned the kit and got every cent back. I'll prolly be taking full advantage of that service in the future

ImageUploadedByMO Free1394311252.648473.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts