Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to work 2 saturdays ago. the weather was nice, so i rode in ( plus mpg is better ) was mad that a work truck was in motorcycle parking. :x went in the building to get uniform on. was walking down the hallway and heard my horn. :curse: I have an old bicycle squeeze horn mounted on my Vol. and know that sound, it stopped me in my tracks because i couldnt believe that someone would do such a thing. So I walked outside and saw this person touching my bike. I couldnt believe what i was seeing. So my question is... is that okay? I am the type who will answer any questions people have, i will even let you sit on it to try out the APES. but not when im not there. Am i the only one or should this guy have got his teeth kicked in? :punch: which is what almost happened!

oh and to top it off he said he had one ( a Vol. or Boul. ) so if you are out there on this sight - you know who you are - just know how close to pain you were!!! :punch: :punch: :punch:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'd be more than a little pissed. You don't have any right to snoop around in my car when I'm not around, why should a bike be any different just cause all the cool parts are on the outside?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I don't blame you , people should ask before touching...its called manners...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
To me it is okay to look but don't touch. Touching can lead to trouble.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would never touch another persons bike without express permission. Just would not be right.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
i keep my hands clasped behind my back when looking over a bike or classic car...it's NOT ok in my book - that's just disrespectful! you never know who owns that vehicle, either, or what kind of meds they may have stopped taking :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
780 Posts
is it ok

No, it is definitely not OK and Id rip his head off for touching my bike. :evil:

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
That was NOT cool of the person touching your bike. I once came out of a convenience store and someone was sitting on my bike. I walked up behind him and yelled if he liked the f**cking bike he was sitting on. Surprised him to the point he almost dropped my bike. I also had my helmet in my hand so I was about to let him wear it through the ear hole of my helmet.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
not OK..but some don't understand m/c ettiquette. If it torques you off that much, then maybe invest in a m/c alarm, that goes off when someone gets to close or touches your bike.

most come with keyfobs that you can operate/activate in your absence. I know he'd be cleaning out his shorts if that would have been the case when he felt the need to squeeze your bulb. :wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wonder if he would have thought twice if you "honked" his wife's horns at the same time? This was a Bad Manners Violation of huge proportions.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
wehrd1 said:
not OK..but some don't understand m/c ettiquette.
That's what I thought. I work with a guy who is restoring a '49 Indian. One day he walks into my office and says, "Nice bike, man...I sat on it and it's a cool ride." I was a little taken aback by the fact that he just nonchalantly got on my bike and then felt the need to tell me about it. I didn't mind, and certainly would've told him he could if we were both standing there. But I just don't think he got it, because he really doesn't ride--he's just a sucker for classic restorations.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Uh-uh, very uncool. You don't touch somebody else's property. I had to teach my kids that. And you never, ever touch somebody's motorcycle. You definitely don't know who you're dealing with. Like MK, I keep my hands behind my back when looking at another bike, classic car, whatever. It's called respect and manners. I think I'd have given that person a crash course in manners, if it was my horn they were honking.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
mistressk said:
i keep my hands clasped behind my back when looking over a bike or classic car...it's NOT ok in my book - that's just disrespectful! you never know who owns that vehicle, either, or what kind of meds they may have stopped taking :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k
Ditto to that. Hands behind back shows respect and lets them know you won't touch it. Puts owner at ease.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Wayyyy not cool! It is similar to when someone leans against a parked car when they don't know who the owner is. It is just rude and inconsiderate.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Very uncool indeed. Hell I didn't even sit on anyone elses bike at ToTT last year until the owner said it was cool. I missed out on sitting and riding alot of other members cool rides just because I didn't feel comfortable touching someone elses ride without an invitation to do so. I'm still kickin myself for not riding Coilguys bike when he offered it to me. :oops:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
mistressk said:

cheers!

-mistress k
I do the same thing with my hands. Right behind the back. It always made me more at ease when folks where looking at my old 72 at car shows if they had their hands back, or had thier hands holding back thier jackets or pocketbooks, as not to scratch the paint.

Folks that know do these things. There is a protocol, even if your bike or car is in a show, there should never be a need for a "do not touch" sign.

If you are not making the payments, or if your name isn't on the title in your safe, paws off.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts