Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting video. Applies to our own type of bikes as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
I watched that one. I watch all of the F9 videos, they're great. He makes some really valid points in there.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I think a company can improve itself and its products over time, but I think people lose faith when you reinvent yourself every couple of years, or seasons for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
If they go out of business, unlike Victorys, the existing ones will be classics ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,074 Posts
should get good money for a buyer too...most of them are very low mileage...pristine condition...in days ahead, one will see instead of classic car shows in supermarket parking lots on a weekday nites where most of the miles put on these classics are put on driving to these lots and then back home to the garage to be waxed and polished again...pretty much your everyday HD owner, so safe to say they will be sharing those lots with HD's, new, old, older, vintage, probably even find someone selling HD apparel out of their trunks... to the wanna be's...could say rider, but one must be riding to be called a rider...we do have some HD owners here that actually do go against that stigma...they actually do ride their machines. Have to admit, they do polish and shine up very nicely.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Subject matter aside, I find that kid obnoxious. Makes me just want to slap him when he talks. On a side note.....could he be Jay Leno's love child with that chin?? :)

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
Subject matter aside, I find that kid obnoxious. Makes me just want to slap him when he talks. On a side note.....could he be Jay Leno's love child with that chin?? :)
Well, he is Canadian, so...

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
should get good money for a buyer too...most of them are very low mileage...pristine condition...in days ahead, one will see instead of classic car shows in supermarket parking lots on a weekday nites where most of the miles put on these classics are put on driving to these lots and then back home to the garage to be waxed and polished again...pretty much your everyday HD owner, so safe to say they will be sharing those lots with HD's, new, old, older, vintage, probably even find someone selling HD apparel out of their trunks... to the wanna be's...could say rider, but one must be riding to be called a rider...we do have some HD owners here that actually do go against that stigma...they actually do ride their machines. Have to admit, they do polish and shine up very nicely.
Who cares what you think. Hater....

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
I meant to say I respect your opinion. Since we're using stereotypes I picture you going to high school on the short bus :p

·
Premium Member
9,341 Posts
Harley will be around. Who knows maybe they will merge with Polaris.

They got a new CEO so let's see what strategy he comes up with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Harley thread. Always an 'interesting read' on any forum.
The influence that company's name has, everywhere, is amazing.
Even here in the UK, I got into a conversation with a guy outside a supermarket, who asked why Didn't I get a Harley Davidson...I said I wanted a Suzuki, what Harley do you own? He said he never owned one. I said, oh.. I've had three... great bikes. Think I confused him somewhat,
I owned a ironhead sportster, bit of a bitch, but would have made a lovely chop. Gearbox went south in the valleys where I live. Born in Milwaukee, died in Treorchy.
Had an 88 softail, 100% reliable, rain, storm, whatever. Last was an 883 R, two into one exhaust. Lovely bike.
Used to enjoy riding my softail wearing a Triumph t-shirt. Drove the H-D extremists nuts.
Always wanted to join a club here that sadly no longer exists ... the poor Harley owners club. Cost £1 to join, ($1.26) and you had to prove that you borrowed the £1. 😎 Their Harleys were allsorts, even dirty!!! ...but they got ridden, a lot.

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
The Harley thread. Always an 'interesting read' on any forum.
The influence that company's name has, everywhere, is amazing.
Even here in the UK, I got into a conversation with a guy outside a supermarket, who asked why Didn't I get a Harley Davidson...I said I wanted a Suzuki, what Harley do you own? He said he never owned one. I said, oh.. I've had three... great bikes. Think I confused him somewhat,
I owned a ironhead sportster, bit of a bitch, but would have made a lovely chop. Gearbox went south in the valleys where I live. Born in Milwaukee, died in Treorchy.
Had an 88 softail, 100% reliable, rain, storm, whatever. Last was an 883 R, two into one exhaust. Lovely bike.
Used to enjoy riding my softail wearing a Triumph t-shirt. Drove the H-D extremists nuts.
Always wanted to join a club here that sadly no longer exists ... the poor Harley owners club. Cost £1 to join, ($1.26) and you had to prove that you borrowed the £1. 😎 Their Harleys were allsorts, even dirty!!! ...but they got ridden, a lot.
How's the weed over there? Ever been to the Isle of Wight Music Festival?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not been to that festival, as is the way of the world, everything on hold at the moment. Weed is mostly skunk.
Lots of old buildingd being raided around here, as they get used to grow it in volume.

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
The festival is actually cancelled this year. I was on an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise and met a lobster fisherman at an English dart tournament in the ship's pub and we partied hard for the rest of the trip. He had invited us to stay with him at his house on Wight if we ever wanted to go to the festival. There was a 3rd couple from Wales we met at the same time. Those guys were unbelievably good at darts. Probably played on pub leagues.

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
Harley's newly patented self balancing bikes will be a big selling point.

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
Hadn't heard that Harley had a self balancing bike. Honda patented one about two years ago though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was just reading about Harley's self balancing bike.
The idea seems to be to attract the vertically challenged and older buyer to the big road glides and such.
Dropping one of them was a massive turn off to buyers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts